pelvic anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshua_msu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know of any good online sources with info/pictures/3d videos on pelvic anatomy. im having some trouble with this unit, with the perineum, the ug diaphram, the pelvic diaphram and all that other crap. im am currently using netter, rohen (which doesnt have much anyways), and my lecture notes. i am also attending lab and using models. it just plain sucks. any recommendations that i could use for help with the visualisations would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh. I thought this was the absolute hardest part of anatomy. And the one part that the dissection didn't help with because there is no good way to dissect this area out! I feel for you!

The way I finally got a handle on what was where (specifcally in the perineum), was to work through my lecture notes (what's in which layer) with Grant's Dissector. Our dissector had terrible pictures in it, but Grant's has some useful ones. I read through the dissection step by step and finally got everything in place. I found that if I thought about starting at a point outside the body and then about what layers you would encounter in what order (like if you were dissecting it but it was clean NOT like in lab) it helped me visualize structures better. Once I had something to visualize, it all made more sense and I could remember it.

Good luck!

In addition to Netter's I have Essential Clinical Anatomy (some help, especially with conceptual stuff you are likely to get on a written exam) and McMinn's Color Atlas of Human Anatomy which is fantastic. It has photos (with labels) of actual dissections. This was a lifesaver for practical exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
Acland's Video Atlas of Anatomy has just come out on DVD. It's kind of universally praised as the gold-standard on these kind of things