Penn email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coop

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got this email today, along with the one from Pritzker which is discussed in another thread. UPenn screens, and the just of this email is "hello". Thought I'd post it incase anyone is interested:

Dear applicant,

We have received preliminary data from AMCAS indicating that you
intend to apply to the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
Thank you for your interest in our school.

Although the AMCAS process has been delayed, we are eager to
communicate with you, and are sending, via US mail, our Admissions
Brochure.

Once we have received your completed, verified application from
AMCAS, we will contact you again regarding Penn's supplemental
application process. We anticipate that our supplemental application
will be available on or around August 1. Meanwhile, you are welcome
to have your letters of recommendation sent to our Office of
Admissions:

School of Medicine Admissions
Suite 100, Stemmler Hall
3450 Hamilton Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6056

More information about our program is available on our web site, http://www.med.upenn.edu/admiss

Thank you,

Office of Admissions
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Coop:

I got the email, too. I was wondering where you read that Penn screens applicants.

Penn doesn't screen. They also have one of those "5-minute" secondaries (at least last year they did).

maybe I am wrong, but I figured since they said "Once we have received your completed, verified application from AMCAS, we will contact you again regarding Penn's supplemental application process" it means that they want to look at your amcas app first, which would be unnecessary if they do not screen. Also they did not say "you will get a secondary", they said "we'll tell you about our secondary process." I read this as a nice way of saying they will screen. I may be wrong, the MSAR doesn't say one way or the other for penn, if I jumped to the wrong conclusion I apologize.