Penn Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koreanwar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone go to penn? what is their math prereq? it seems pretty ambiguous on the site and in literature from them.

Members don't see this ad.

That's the secret of Penn, I think -- they are completely ambiguous with regard to pre-reqs. I think this basically means that they're the same as for other schools. At one point when I was in grad school there I was told I might be able to get into the med school without a second semester of physics. Not sure if this was because I was already a student or what. They just have this lofty desire to require proficiency in all of the required pre-reqs without actually requiring a specific set of courses.

(I think.)

(edit: I used variations on the word "require" a record number of times in that last sentence)

thanks! I figured that was probably the case, just jumbling the prcess up with all sort of crazy jargon.

Members don't see this ad :)
koreanwar said:
does anyone go to penn? what is their math prereq? it seems pretty ambiguous on the site and in literature from them.

I'll be going to Penn next year and I didn't take any math while in college...I just had AP credit for two semesters of calculus and that was apparently enough. I did take a biological stat course, though.

i also got accepted and had calc (ab/bc) from hs and i put bc calc on amcas because my school gave me accel credit for bc. then i took a psych stat that counted for math as well. so i technically had a year though only one in college.