1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Penn Rejection Letters

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Esco, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Esco

Esco Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was looking at interview.com and noticed a post where someone said that Penn has been sending interviewees rejection letters 1-2 weeks following an interview...does anyone know the validity of this claim...ie, anybody who has received one of these letter---I thought Penn was sending out everything on March 8th or 11th???Comments.... :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Penn has NOT sent out rejections for people that they interviewed.

Penn has stopped sending out interview invites. Some people are chalking Penn up as rejections if they weren't invited....

4. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Your application is now in the screening process. Complete applications will go through a series of competitive screenings. Screening will begin in October and continue into March, 2002. Applicants invited for interviews will be notified via email. The Committee on Admissions will make all final decisions in March, 2002.

This is what it says on the web site. I am inferring from this that interview offers will continue until march? Yet I am seeing posts on this site stating offers are already over.

5. Ciardeme

Ciardeme Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know if anyone has been rejected with out an interview? I received a letter stating that i may get an interview. Hoping for the best. Anyone have any other information?

6. E'01

E'01 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I called Upenn the week before last and at thet time they stated that they were done interviewing - or at least sending out invites

7. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I know that Penn is done sending out invites. I believe that Penn is done interviewing but I'm not 100% sure. Screening of applicants is different than interviewing. It just means that they look over applications etc.

Ciardeme how long ago did you receive that letter?

8. Esco

Esco Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I know Penn stopped interviewing on Feb 8th (a couple of Fridays ago)...and I also know that they will be sending out acceptance letters on March 8th, that is what the admissions committee told me over the phone a couple of days ago. I was just wondering if the rejection letters were distributed on a rolling basis and not incorporated with the large collection that will go out in a couple of weeks...I'd like to have a stress free Feb. and just wait till the 8th rolls around