Penn Rejection Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Esco

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at interview.com and noticed a post where someone said that Penn has been sending interviewees rejection letters 1-2 weeks following an interview...does anyone know the validity of this claim...ie, anybody who has received one of these letter---I thought Penn was sending out everything on March 8th or 11th???Comments.... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Penn has NOT sent out rejections for people that they interviewed.

Penn has stopped sending out interview invites. Some people are chalking Penn up as rejections if they weren't invited....

Your application is now in the screening process. Complete applications will go through a series of competitive screenings. Screening will begin in October and continue into March, 2002. Applicants invited for interviews will be notified via email. The Committee on Admissions will make all final decisions in March, 2002.

This is what it says on the web site. I am inferring from this that interview offers will continue until march? Yet I am seeing posts on this site stating offers are already over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if anyone has been rejected with out an interview? I received a letter stating that i may get an interview. Hoping for the best. Anyone have any other information?

I called Upenn the week before last and at thet time they stated that they were done interviewing - or at least sending out invites

I know that Penn is done sending out invites. I believe that Penn is done interviewing but I'm not 100% sure. Screening of applicants is different than interviewing. It just means that they look over applications etc.

Ciardeme how long ago did you receive that letter?

I know Penn stopped interviewing on Feb 8th (a couple of Fridays ago)...and I also know that they will be sending out acceptance letters on March 8th, that is what the admissions committee told me over the phone a couple of days ago. I was just wondering if the rejection letters were distributed on a rolling basis and not incorporated with the large collection that will go out in a couple of weeks...I'd like to have a stress free Feb. and just wait till the 8th rolls around