Penn St or MCW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benjiboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for advice and opinions of people out there that go to either school. i'm going to make a decision soon and I'd like to hear what everyone has to say.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anything about Penn State (although it is in a much more rural area than MCW) so I can't help you there.

But as for learning enviornment here at MCW, I think it is quite good. There are about 20 hours of class per week, leaving you enough time to study (if you want to be #1 in your class) or enjoy the area, sleep, watch TV, etc. You can get involved clinically as early as you want, and as much as you want. Exams here are taken in "blocks", about every 4 weeks, which allows for plenty of time (to relax) before having to bear down with the books.

Seeing you're from Utah, I'd say there is a fairly large (probably about 10-20 in each class)tight-knit group from Utah, so that can be a positive if that's something you're looking for.

Otherwise, I really don't know how to answer your question--would you like to know something more specific?

MCWMARK...I'm considering going to MCW this upcoming year. Just as a glimpse, what do you guys do when you aren't studying?