Penn State acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Radbone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All:
Quick Q. I interviewed at Penn State (12/12) and they told us we would know 4-6 weeks. I received my first acceptance :))) dated 12/18. Do these things normally happen? I am just curious.

P.S. I ask also bc I am 25Q 3.8 GPA...well rounded extra currics (many leadership roles), clinical exposure, and research.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey All:
Quick Q. I interviewed at Penn State (12/12) and they told us we would know 4-6 weeks. I received my first acceptance :))) dated 12/18. Do these things normally happen? I am just curious.

P.S. I ask also bc I am 25Q 3.8 GPA...well rounded extra currics (many leadership rolls), clinical exposure, and research.
Thanks!

Me too man, interviewed slightly before you, though I have slightly better stats and mine was dated 12/19

Hey Mr. S.

You must be a very special guy to receive such a quick responce from penn state. I interviewed there and was put on hold 7 weeks later. Well congratulations on your acceptance to the sweetest place on earth! We are all very excited for you and hope you hear good news from your other interviews.

All the best,
Mr. C.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Mr. S.

You must be a very special guy to receive such a quick responce from penn state. I interviewed there and was put on hold 7 weeks later. Well congratulations on your acceptance to the sweetest place on earth! We are all very excited for you and hope you hear good news from your other interviews.

All the best,
Mr. C.

P.S. i know why you got in. It all has to do with your research mentor, you know the one who invented the peanut butter cup. Wow what a bad joke...However i had to say it.

Haha thanks "Mr. C." whoever you are...and Congrats on SUNY Downstate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that is quick. I interviewed 11/6, and was told it would take 6-8 weeks at the time. I still haven't heard anything. Did they call you, email you, snail-mail you, or what?

They snail-mailed me...I got it on Saturday 12/23..it was dated 12/19 not 12/18 (my mistake). I was very surprised...it came in a big white envelope (the ones you always want to see). I emailed the Drs and admissions office a thank you note few days before (only received response from ad. office).

Radbone...

Congratulations!!! Are you going to be going there?

Nubs

Thats good to hear. I am on the other end of the timeline. I interviewed in early oct and was accepted 12/16 so it took over 10 weeks. But i am excited to have an acceptance. Are you guys considering going there and why?

Congrats, OP. Your story can provide a lot of hope for some of the other forum members with 25 MCATs. I recall reading several other threads of ppl asking if they stood a chance with similar scores. Congrats again! Perhaps we will be classmates.