Penn State Acceptances --- Please Reply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you've been accepted by snail mail to Penn State, could you comment on what type of letter/envelope it came in? Thick 9 x 11" or thin regular envelope? Can you tell I'm getting anxious? Please share with this OCD pre-med....:scared: ;) :D

Members don't see this ad.

Just want to bump this up for any responses. Anyone accepted at Penn State? I'm waiting to hear.

Came in a big envelope, like 9x12, and relatively thick. small envelope is probably bad news. Best of luck, let me know what happens - I'll probably end up there, and looking to meet others who will too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Came in a big envelope, like 9x12, and relatively thick. small envelope is probably bad news. Best of luck, let me know what happens - I'll probably end up there, and looking to meet others who will too.

PENNSTATE has horrible phone support. They are rude and obnoxious. I can't wait until I get aceptance so I can call them and say, " Oh excuse me I woud like to help you all out. Please find my file, what? no, not until I receive the e-mail that you got my stuff. What the e-mail I never received and it has been like 4 months now. Yes, that one. Well please just find my file to help you all out and diregard it, I WITHDRAWLLLLLLL!!!!"

I expected more from PENNSTATE. I have heard other horror stories from there as well.

PENNSTATE has horrible phone support. They are rude and obnoxious. I can't wait until I get aceptance so I can call them and say, " Oh excuse me I woud like to help you all out. Please find my file, what? no, not until I receive the e-mail that you got my stuff. What the e-mail I never received and it has been like 4 months now. Yes, that one. Well please just find my file to help you all out and diregard it, I WITHDRAWLLLLLLL!!!!"

I expected more from PENNSTATE. I have heard other horror stories from there as well.

Really?! I've had nothing but good experiences with them, and I've never heard a single horror story about them - in fact, many people on here have called the woman at the admissions desk "the nicest person on the planet"

Really?! I've had nothing but good experiences with them, and I've never heard a single horror story about them - in fact, many people on here have called the woman at the admissions desk "the nicest person on the planet"

Agreed. Not only axlax1's post horribly difficult to even understand grammatically, but there seems to be little anecdotal evidence to support his/her stance.

i have to agree with the others, amber (the girl at the front desk) is the nicest admissions person i've spoken with. i had called back a while too to check on my status when i had not yet been marked complete and while she did tell me she couldn't give me any information over the phone, she was nothing but nice about it.

i have to agree with the others, amber (the girl at the front desk) is the nicest admissions person i've spoken with. i had called back a while too to check on my status when i had not yet been marked complete and while she did tell me she couldn't give me any information over the phone, she was nothing but nice about it.

Please by no means become deffensive by what I am saying. IMO I find it unprofessional for a top school as large as Penn State is not to have the simple ability to say YOUR application is here and complete we will let you know at some later point whether or not we will procede with your application. That's all. I was acctually excited to go there and visit the school but the experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry my opinion.

But if you are going there have fun in HERSHEY. Eat some Chocolate for me. "-)

the woman at the admissions desk IS THE NICEST PERSON ON THE PLANET! best description ever! (i interviewed there not too long ago)

Please by no means become deffensive by what I am saying. IMO I find it unprofessional for a top school as large as Penn State is not to have the simple ability to say YOUR application is here and complete we will let you know at some later point whether or not we will procede with your application. That's all. I was acctually excited to go there and visit the school but the experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry my opinion.

But if you are going there have fun in HERSHEY. Eat some Chocolate for me. "-)

oh i wasn't getting defensive, sorry if it came out that way. i too was just stating my opinion. sorry your situation gave you a negative impression of the school, hopefully if you get accepted they'll have the opportunity to make a better impression on you. :)

you know jefferson does that too .. no online updates .. kinda sticks ..