Penn State - Hershey Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

warrenb733

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got my PSU acceptance snail mail this afternoon.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats!!! :) :) i'm applying there too; what do your stats look like?

I received a letter saying i got put on hold for interviews. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!! Penn State has such a pretty campus!

Congratulations,
I was put on wait list for interviews also. What does this mean? What are the chances that I will be actually offered an interview off this list? I am currently in a one year masters program at Georgetown. Could it be they want to see my grades before they offer me an interview?

Congrats! I recieved a letter saying that my file will be continuously reviewed. Not even a hold. They may be being nice to me, not rejecting right away.

I think there are two"hold" categories: "Continue to review" and the other is something like "probable to review" - Its better to be a "continue to review"

Hey warrenb733,

Did Penn State actually take 8 weeks to notify you? 8 weeks is such a long time to wait :(

tinkerbelle said:
Hey warrenb733,

Did Penn State actually take 8 weeks to notify you? 8 weeks is such a long time to wait :(

I haven't heard anything from them for about 8 weeks now either!

Hey Tinkerbelle...

Interviewed on 9/13 and was accepted 10/16...so only four weeks...

Brian

warrenb733 said:
Hey Tinkerbelle...

Interviewed on 9/13 and was accepted 10/16...so only four weeks...

Brian

Awesome! They must have really liked you :)

I didn't interview until 10/8 though. I guess I still have some waiting to do :p

yeah i just got a letter and was placed in the continue to review category..anyone out there have any idea how often the review and what the chances are to actaully get an interview

jiggaman said:
yeah i just got a letter and was placed in the continue to review category..anyone out there have any idea how often the review and what the chances are to actaully get an interview

On the similar note. Do you think it would help to send in additional letters (LOR) to them?

The Continue to Review letter (just got mine today :( ) says that "a decision for interview is based on the information presently contained in your file." Sounds like a not so blunt way of telling us "we don't want you to flood our office with updates." What do you guys think?