Penn State "HOLD" - What is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drSUBLIME

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else on the "HOLD" category for Penn State know exactly what that means. Is it their wait list? If it is anyone know if there is much movement in it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that's their version of a waitlist. And last year there was no movement.

Yeah, that's their version of a waitlist. And last year there was no movement.
i figured it would'nt move much, but then i was thinking some people use it as a backup school. its unfortunate because i loved the school. howd u hear there was no movement?

Anyone else on the "HOLD" category for Penn State know exactly what that means. Is it their wait list? If it is anyone know if there is much movement in it?

Some people have already gotten off of it. When were you interviewed/put on hold?

i figured it would'nt move much, but then i was thinking some people use it as a backup school. its unfortunate because i loved the school. howd u hear there was no movement?

I heard last year they over admitted during the interview season so even with withdrawls around May 15th, they never got to the hold list.... but this year could be different.

anyone have a really early interview and get put on hold?