penn state news

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dukee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any news from this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Dukee,

I just got my "hold" letter today. Is being on the "hold list" the same as the waiting list?

hey, how are you doing? Yes, it is the same. Do you remember or know how many acceptances are offered to date and how many they expect to offer? OR how many students get off the waitlist? Anyway, I think hold is the same as waitlist. There should be some movement, I hope!Have you been accepted yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been on the waitlist since February. Has anyone gotten off the waitlist at Penn State?

I haven't heard of anyone getting off yet. Has anyone called the admissions office and learned anything?

I have been "on hold" since March. I think they accept about half of those who interview. A current student told me that it seemed like half of her class came off of the waitlist. So there's hope!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by jasjaz:
•I have been "on hold" since March. I think they accept about half of those who interview. A current student told me that it seemed like half of her class came off of the waitlist. So there's hope!•••••Have you, or has anyone, called the admissions office and gotten any info beyond what we got in the "hold" letter?

I'm worried also no one gets rejected post-interview, we're all just put on "hold" until we're all rejected later -- so it's just a delay until they reject us, not really a waitlist. Similar to how they put people on pre-interview "hold" but then don't interview them, and reject them late in the season. Has anyone been rejected post-interview? Or know anyone like this?

On my interview day, they said approx. 400 people will ultimately be accepted. On Penn State's website, it says that they do reject people after the interview. However, I don't personally know of anyone who was rejected after the interview.

I guess it's just more waiting for us.

While I personally don't know of anyone who was rejected, I know of people who know others who have been rejected post-interview. Though I have this feeling that the majority are put on hold.

yeah, it is so fustrating. I have called the office to get into, but all they can tell me that we may get off now until Aug. 12. Do you guys know how many students in the past have been accepted off the waitlist?

Hi Dukee,
Have you noticed that on the "Waitlist movement" thread that Penn State is still not listed? I thought by now it would be, especially since people have been getting phone calls and e-mails.
My situation is that Penn State is my first choice, but I'm waitlisted there. I'm luckier than some since I do have an acceptance :) (at MCP), but I'm still holding out some hope for PSU. :(
I'm getting nervous though. I have a dog, which makes finding a place to live a lot harder, so I might have to go ahead and sign a lease in Philly, just in case.
Anyway, what do you think?
Also waiting, -Monchi

Last week I got a phone call and email from Penn State...one week later, I received an acceptance letter in the mail. They give you two weeks to respond to their offer. I will be submitting my withdrawal today. Hopefully, that means some you on hold will receive an acceptance real soon. Best of luck to all of you!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by monchi:
•Hi Dukee,
Have you noticed that on the "Waitlist movement" thread that Penn State is still not listed? I thought by now it would be, especially since people have been getting phone calls and e-mails.
My situation is that Penn State is my first choice, but I'm waitlisted there. I'm luckier than some since I do have an acceptance :) (at MCP), but I'm still holding out some hope for PSU. :(
I'm getting nervous though. I have a dog, which makes finding a place to live a lot harder, so I might have to go ahead and sign a lease in Philly, just in case.
Anyway, what do you think?
Also waiting, -Monchi•••••Your chances of getting in are probably pretty good. If they accept 400+ to fill a class of 125, they must take a lot off the hold list.

Members don't see this ad :)
have anybody called the office or talked to any student? Does anybody know how many in the past have gotton off this hold list?

I called today because my email has changed. The said the class is full and do not know when any spots will open. I do not know if I believe them! I mean people get off the waitlist at every school. Why is this school so unique, espcially when 400+ are accepted?

I don't get that either. Unless they accept straight out two or three times the number they need.
We also know that they are taking people off the list (gellybean, for one), so the secretaries just must be saying that.
The other thing is, PSU is the only school I've interviewed at (5, total) that has discouraged contacting them. Why? Other schools either don't have a problem, or, encourage it as a way to show interest.
I guess I'm just getting frustrated. Sorry I don't have any useful info.

Penn State made a move.

hoss, can you please be more specific? Off the waitlis? Did you get off? How did they contact you?

Thanks Hoss. I'm sure you're a sexy god in person. I'm going to hang around St. Joe's in the hopes of meeting you.

am I so stupid to think Hoss was serious?

they called me on the phone and said my status was changed

monchi, you're too ugly to hang around st. joes

hey hoss, congrats. this means an acceptance. Are you going to go if accepted?

hey hoss, I
sent you a pm.

Thanks HOSS! Everyone knows that the ugly ones are the best in bed. I'm pretty flexible too...

i know someone who recently withdrew from penn state b/c she just got off the waitlist at tulane. good luck to all those still waiting!

you are too nice cityivy. Thanks. Good luck with MCPH.

any news today?

I think that Jerzeegirl posted that she is going to Morehouse, so that is one more spot open. Good luck.

Also, catcher22 posted that they are going to Northwestern.