Penn state news

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perseverant 1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone (especially those in the "hold for possible interview" category)

Sorry to be the messenger, but Penn State held their last interview on friday (March 28). I e-mailed them to find out any info on my application (I hadn't heard from them since December). So, i received the bad news this morning. That makes me a loser twice over. I guess that category really is a "soft rejection"?
Going thru this once is hard enough. If i can manage to apply again, it will be my third time. THIS SUCKS!!!:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

that sucks perseverant. any hope for other schools this cycle? I know what you mean about not wanting to apply again, I DREAD the thought of having to go through all this again. I know I won't be able to do it this summer. I'll have to wait at least another year or two, its just too much.

Sorry to hear that Perseverant:( ! This process really does stink! I e-mailed a particular school this weekend to find out the status of my application and got this cryptic e-mail about hearing something in two weeks. Since I did not get an interview, I am sure it is a rejection. Just send the darned thing and put me out of my misery!+pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Perseverant 1

That makes me a loser twice over.

Funny, in my opinion, it makes PSU a loser twice over... keep your head up and have faith...

good luck!

Thanks fullofhope. That was a really nice sentiment. It's hard to believe though...knowing that i have a really hard decision to make about applying for the third time.
Moskeeto- i am still waiting to hear from 3 more MD schools and 2 DO schools. Temple, Maryland and get this Hopkins. I applied there because i have a great background in clinical and basic research. Thought that might catch their attention. Don't know if they'll ever see it once they take a look at my MCAT score!
I know i have PMed a few of you guys. Just want to wish you the best again. :p