Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Penn State Requirements...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BUmiken12, Mar 23, 2002.

1. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

One of Penn State's requirements is one semester of behaviorial sciences. This might be a stupid question, but what are these? Is this just Psychology or are there others? Thanks in advance...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rezul

Rezul Portuguese Momma
    7+ Year Member

Hi BUmiken12,
    On the Penn State website it says that the behavioral sciences requirement can be fulfilled by taking classes in psychology, sociology, cultural anthropology or ecology. It sounds very open ended, so I wouldn't even worry about this requirement. If you have other questions, feel free to PM me. I just got accepted and will be attending Penn State this fall.

The website for Penn State is:
    <a href="http://www.hmc.psu.edu" target="_blank">www.hmc.psu.edu</a>

4. ewells

ewells Big Daddy
    7+ Year Member

Congrats Rezul. You are the first person I have seen who will definitely be a classmate of mine. On all the acceptance threads, noone else made up their mind. See you in August.

BUmiken, have you been accepted there?

5. Rezul

Rezul Portuguese Momma
    7+ Year Member

Hi ewells,

Its good to hear from a future classmate :) Congratulations to you as well. What specialty of medicine are you pursuing? Please feel free to PM me. It would be really nice to get to know someone before August.