Penn State Second Look Weekend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiracer90

go sox!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you attending, are you taking your parents/significant others with you? Also, do you know the dress attire? I just don't want to show up in jeans and a t-shirt while everyone else is in business casual attire.

Members don't see this ad.

skiracer90 said:
For those of you attending, are you taking your parents/significant others with you? Also, do you know the dress attire? I just don't want to show up in jeans and a t-shirt while everyone else is in business casual attire.

My parents are coming. I am assuming that dress should be buiness casual, but I could be wrong.

skiracer90 said:

I am not taking my parents, but know of people who are. As for dress, Khakis and a golf shirt or button up dress shirt. See you all bright and early Saturday!

Members don't see this ad :)
skiracer90 said:

I bringing my parents and possibly my younger sisters. I'm planning on wearing casual dress pants and a blouse/sweater. I think anything will be appropriate as long as it's clean and ironed.

Thanks for the replys. I'm thinking I might sport the blouse/sweater with some khakis.

I will be attending solo. What is the weather like out there now? I'll be flying out from Cali.

I'll be there, solo also! The weather is getting nicer here....spring is starting to tempt us. However, its probably not cali weather...it says sunny and in the 50s so still a lil cool.

According to the not-so-trustworthy weatherbug, it should be around 60 on Saturday. It definitely could be worse!

When is the 2nd look? I interviewed at PSU on 3/4 and they said that they would try to let us know in time for the 2nd look. So far I haven't heard anything.

i61164 said:
When is the 2nd look? I interviewed at PSU on 3/4 and they said that they would try to let us know in time for the 2nd look. So far I haven't heard anything.

It is this Saturday so you might want to contact them.

afr0dite01 said:
It is this Saturday so you might want to contact them.

I think they were bull****ing us anyway. I called them just to check my status and in typical Penn State fashion they seemed annoyed to speak to me on the phone. It's wasn't anything that they specifically said, just the tone of voice. I was told over the phone that a decision has not yet been made, and the committee only meets once per month (but there are several committees and their meetings are staggered). I asked when I could expect to hear something and they didn't really answer. I then said that I live far from Hershey and if I found out I was accepted later in the week I might not be able to make arrangements to come to the 2nd look. They said "sorry, that's the best we can do."

When Lubbers told us that they would expedite the decisions so that we would have time to make it to the 2nd look (if accepted) he was probably just paying us lip service.

I know most of you on this thread are probably already accepted, but to any who interviewed in early March and hoped to hear something before the 2nd look, don't hold your breath.

Well, I got an e-mail today that said not to wear suits. I think I will still go for khakis/nice shirt.

The email said that most of them will be in jeans, but the email is from two M1's that are admissions liasons. So I'm not sure if that means that the M1's will be in jeans or the admissions people.

Im so excited for the weekend now!! However, Im kind of upset that I have miss the talk on peds which I would want to see the most. Just my luck. Anyway, see you all soon!