PENN STATE vs. DREXEL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deltoid618

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
they seem of similar caliber to me, but i'm interested in thoughts on this one...

my decision will not rest on your responses, i am just interested to know what the word is

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

they seem of similar caliber to me, but i'm interested in thoughts on this one...

my decision will not rest on your responses, i am just interested to know what the word is

thanks

I would not say PSU and Drexel are of the same caliber, first of all. PSU = mid, Drexel = lower
PSU - very strong research program, smaller classes, more attention to students, very good medical center in connection to the school where you do all your rotations, but rural (in my opinion, crappy) location, less exciting social life

Drexel - in a city (a huge plus for me anyways), see a variety of different types of patients, less opportunities for research, no hospital that is part of the school, and the one that is affiliated isn't the greatest, and you have to do your rotations in random places all over the state that is decided upon by a lottery system

i think penn state is in a higher caliber (it's not ranked on usnews though) :D