1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

penn state vs. gw ????? please help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lela13, Jun 10, 2002.

1. lela13

lela13 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi, once again, i'm barely found and started using sdn... you guys are really helpful... if anyone that made/is making the decision between penn state and gw, I would appreciate it if you share your thoughts with me. I just got the call from gw this morning and i'm verrrrrrryyyyy confused... thanks in advance :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bamboozeled

Bamboozeled Member
    7+ Year Member

there were two other pple who had a similar decision, but I don't know what they chose...best of luck

4. CityIvy

CityIvy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey lela, if i were in your situation, i would choose GW. the only reason is that i'm more of a city gal and probably could not stand living in Hershey. good luck with your decision! :)

5. saga_boy

saga_boy Junior Member

I was in your position last week. I'm also from a big city, but I chose Penn St. over GW because it seemed like a laid back environment and it just felt right. Also Penn St. is much cheaper and I wasn't eligible for financial aid at GW because I'm from Toronto. I know Hershey will take some adjusting to, but on-campus housing is very convenient and as others have said philly and b-more are close, as is nyc and dc. All the best.

6. jerseygirl29

jerseygirl29 New Member

Hi! I said this in another thread...but if you are about the city I would choose GW; 4 years is a long time. Furthermore, Hershey although is close to some major cities it is not very well connected to them by public transportation..You have to go to harrisburg which is like 15 miles away to get anywhere else. In terms of reputations of schools I think GW is known to have a better reputation however from what I know about both schools-- they both seem like pretty good schools. Good luck. You might want to look at Match Lists before you decide....

7. aisha

aisha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

definitely penn state.. gw is way too expensive.. class rooms arent as good as penn state and the living expense is rocket high.. i have a friend who goes there so i know.. living is pretty inconvinient also if you dont live close by..

8. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Army Strong
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I can't speak for Penn State, but I have some familiarity with GW, as I work in DC and live in northern VA.

Pro's: Brand new hospital center, good reputation, very close to world-class attractions, food, entertainment.

Con's: High tuition, parking is almost non-existent, classrooms are not very nice, high cost of housing in DC, admissions office has not been too friendly (in my experience), local people are not too friendly (except me, of course!), big city safety/security/crime issues.

I know there is a GW med student that checks in periodically (I think her name is Mary). Maybe she could give more input.

9. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

Two words... chocolate factory.