1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Penn State Waitinglist

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Red, Apr 24, 2000.

1. Red

Red Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have been on the waiting list at Penn State Hershey for sometime and am still hopeful,
    but I am wondering if anyone knows what portion of the incoming class comes off the
    waiting list? Do I still have a chance? I know that the May 15th reporting date is come up, so that might make a difference. Is anyone else out there still waiting? I would
    appreciate any information you could provide.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    As with most medical schools, there is a fair amount of movement on May 15th, so you do still have a chance of being admitted.

With Penn State, the admissions committees rank applicants who are on the waiting list, and as spots open up, waiting list guys are admitted. So it doesn't really matter at all whether you interviewed in December and were waitlisted, or in March and were waitlisted. You'll still be ranked and compared to the current pool of waitlisted applicants.

Good luck.

Tim of New York City.

4. Red

Red Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for the reply turtleboard!

I guess my one concern is that if the committee has already over subscribed the class then May 15 will not have as big an impact on the waiting list, as I would hope. Anyway, it is good to know that even though I interviewed late I am on "equal" footing with others on the waiting list, based on my qualifications of course. Thanks again, Red