1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

penn state

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by doctorFred, Dec 12, 2005.

1. doctorFred

doctorFred intensive carer
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    SUBJECT: Penn State College of Medicine Application Status

Your application to the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine is complete. Please understand that the Admissions Committee reviews all completed applications in the random and rolling order they were received.

Accordingly, the time necessary to process our many applications means that your application will not be reviewed immediately. We therefore request that you refrain from calling our office for your application status.

this is after being complete for three months and calling the admissions office twice asking for a status update. penn state is doing it's best drexel impression right now.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Takin it day by day
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I am FULLY inclined to agree with that assessment. I emailed about a status check earlier last week and they emailed me back verbatim what it said on their status website. POINTLESS. They said that my complete status was not determined at this time. My letters of rec were mailed in October. Yeah, special times.

4. drmota

drmota 2K Member
    5+ Year Member

i called to ask for a status update like a month ago. and the woman yelled at me without getting my name or AMCAS Id or anything. the next morning i got invited for an interview. so weird. just kick back and see what happens.
    -mota

5. scgirl

scgirl Member
    5+ Year Member

I got the same reply when I emailed Penn State for a status update and then couple days later I received a letter in the mail saying i am basically on hold...in the "continue to review category"....