Penn State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scalpellum

SDN Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will most likely be attending PSU this Fall. I was wondering where would be a better place to live, on-campus or at Briarcrest Gardens. On campus housing is only $400/month with utilities included. Briarcrest is 2 miles from the school, cost about $650/month (single bedroom) or about $400/month (2 bedroom shared). Briarcrest also has covered spots. Is this important to have while living in PA? I am not sure b/c I am from CA. Any comments/suggestions would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

They are renovating some of the on-campus housing now. I really don't see the sense in paying $250/month more for Briarcrest unless you really don't want to share a bathroom in the on-campus ones. The covered parking isn't that big of a deal. There is parking for the on-campus housing. Just buy a shovel so that you can shovel your car out if there is a big snowstorm. I'd say, try living in the on-campus housing first, then you can decide what you want to do for the following years. just my advice