Penn State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mikel Jackson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got put on the post-interview waiting list. Does anyone know how my chances of getting in are? I would love to go there. Do they take a lot off the waiting list?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey buddy...

The news I am going to give you is not good, but this is only last year. Last year they had zero wait list movement. At least that is what they told us at the interview. They said that in fact they ended up having their largest class ever because they gave out more acceptances then places they would like filled in anticipation of people going elsewhere. That being said, from what I understand about this process, every year is different, and seeing as more and more people are applying to more and more schools, I would say the chances of their being movement this year is pretty good. I know just from being over in the class thread on the allopathic side I have talked to 3 or 4 different people who are not sure that they will attend. This again is just what was told to us at my interview, and someone I am sure will be posting after this to tell you how wrong I am so take it with a grain of salt. Good luck though, and I hope that if this school is where you really want to go, that I see you there next year. Best wishes,

Nubs

I got put on the post-interview waiting list. Does anyone know how my chances of getting in are? I would love to go there. Do they take a lot off the waiting list?

were you put on a post-interview "waitlist" or on the "hold list"?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the info nubbey. i was put on the "hold" list, i don't know if there's a different waitlist, i just assumed they were one and the same.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have/will get more interviews and acceptances in the future.

Out of curiosity, when did you interview? And when did you get the letter?

Most schools have a distinct difference between the hold and waitlist. The hold list means you were not offered an appointment at this time but you will continue to be looked at during every cycle of acceptances. A waitlist means they are not going to look at you again until all offers have been made and people start declining. Hold = hope (as I see it).

thanks chaldo. i interviewed 11/8, got the letter yesterday. from what it says it sounds like in between melissa's idea of a "hold list" and "waitlist". it said i will be reevaluated, but after May 15.