Penn State?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SolidGold

Florida winters are the best!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from Penn State recently? I know that Moskeeto got in a few days ago, but other than that, its been quite regarding PSU. Has anyone heard from them that was placed on hold post-interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I am on the waiting list too. Do you guys know when they will start going to their list and how many people they take from the list?

sorry I have nothing informative to add, but I never see anybody talk about PSU on here so I thought I'd just say good luck.
hey since when I interviewed I didn't get to do or see anything about the school, I'd love if one of you would pm with some info on what you thought about the place. anything helps. thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
HeyMoskeeto,

I'm in at Penn State right now. Still waitin on 5 others, incl. UCs so nothing set in stone.
But I'm precious happy to be in Penn State right now.

I loved the campus itself--the med school/center is one of the most unique I've seen...it's kinda concave shaped. Facilities are amazing, and the students are really friendly. Plus the administration people are really nice. I called them up recently for match stats and they sent it to me immediately via email.
Other things that made me feel good about the place:

-The Anesthesiology Robotic lab. This room is crawling with wires and gadgets. There's two adult-sized dummies to be used for anesthesiology and physiology teaching and practice. There's also a pediatric sized one too. Also, there's a virtual reality 'person' who you diagnose on through an arcade looking computer terminal. It spits back reactions like 'ow' and 'why are you doing that?'

-Safety. Nothing but cows around. They won't hurt you...at least I don't think so. ;)

-The 3rd and 4th year clinical years have abundant opportunities. Cleveland Clinic Hospital is affiliated with Penn State med. CCH is one of the best in the country, top 3 according U.S. News. A good number match there afterwards.

Anyone? There has to be someone out there with some info.

So, out of the thousands of people on SDN, nobody has any insight into how things are progressing at Penn State?!:confused: :confused:

Hey SolidGold,

What don't you call them up? Winnie's the nice sec that sets up interviews. Maybe she'll tell you...they're VERY nice over there. Unlike Maryland.:rolleyes:

I would call them, but I personally could care less about Penn State even though I'm still on hold there because I would rather go to where I'm already accetped. I'm trying to find out for my sister. She has called but has not gotten any insight that is worth anything.

Has anyone on "hold" heard anything lately? There doesn't seem to be any info on the waitlist movement thread yet.

I'm also on "hold" and haven't heard a thing.:rolleyes:

My sister has been on hold forever it seems. I'm hoping something happens soon.