Penn state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dukee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I was wondering if anybody has interviewed at this school (Penn state). I am interviewing there in March. I was wondering if anybody has been accepted with low verbal mcat score. My verbal score is a ... 7 and and S on the writing. I got a 10 on the B and 11 on the P. I have a 3.7 cum and a 3.66 science. I majored in math at Duke. I now work at UCSF on a leukemia project. I have been rejected by a couple of schools and I interviewed at Duke in early Nov. I have not heard from a lot of schools, so I am getting worried. I recieved secondaries from every school I applied to (all the UCs and a bunch of private schools). I first choice is UCSF, but am I out of my league? Anyway, thanks...

dukee

Members don't see this ad.

Dukee, you got interviews from great schools, so you should be fine. I haven't been interviewed by Duke (I guess they like some alumni and not others. Maybe they like Math majors and not Chem majors). Anyways, sounds like you should be fine. I was the opposite, lower GPA but high MCAT scores and I have been lucky enough to garner some state school acceptances. Good luck.

No worries Dukee...I am a senior at a school comparable to Duke, my GPA is similar to yours, AND I had an 8 in verbal. Nevertheless, I was accepted at Penn State in November. Hang in there!!

Dukee..I sent you a private message.