Penn vs washu vs harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luckybamboo05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need feedback from others as to the tangibles for these schools. They are all great schools and therefore does the decision to select one over the other really comes down to the intangibles like gut feeling?

Members don't see this ad.

Need feedback from others as to the tangibles for these schools. They are all great schools and therefore does the decision to select one over the other really comes down to the intangibles like gut feeling?

Yes, assuming they all cost the same for you. Go to second look if you can, or focus on location and pick that way. Or find some arbirtrary thing that you really like about one over the others.

I would go for washu or harvard. for cheaper tuition, Penn state is good.

Members don't see this ad :)
The OP means University of Pennsylvania and not Penn State.

I would go for washu or harvard. for cheaper tuition, Penn state is good.

I imagine (s)he's talking about (University of) Penn, but I could be wrong. I'm probably right though and (s)he is the luckiest m*****f***** alive.

I'm sure if its UPenn, she would say UPenn not Penn. oh well... lol

If this were any place but SDN, you'd probably be right. And, no offense to those at Penn State, but (barring those with a full ride) I don't know anyone who would choose it over Harvard/WashU unless they were local. And... it is likely that the OP got into (U)Penn given the other acceptances.

Three great schools... I would eliminate WashU, assuming that the other two schools are Harvard and UPenn. Between both of these schools it then comes down to financials and quality of life for students IMO. A comfortable curriculum and the opportunities give to students are very important considerations. Good luck on your choosing.

The University of Pennsylvania is often referred to as Penn, and the body that coordinates the medical school and hospitals is Penn Medicine. Pennylvania State University is either Penn State or PSU.

Sorry for not making clear that Penn is University of Pennsylvania.

Three great schools... I would eliminate WashU, assuming that the other two schools are Harvard and UPenn. Between both of these schools it then comes down to financials and quality of life for students IMO. A comfortable curriculum and the opportunities give to students are very important considerations. Good luck on your choosing.

Agreed! :thumbup:

Definitely drop WashU. And I'm definitely not saying that because I'm one of ~700 applicants hoping to get off the huge waitlist... ;)

Generally speaking, the only people in Philadelphia that call it "UPenn" are FOBs - usually the parents of the students who actually attend the University of Pennsylvania.

You know that everyone who goes to Penn calls it Penn, right? And all the t-shirts say Penn, NOT UPenn?

Yeah - it's definitely Penn and that's what the shirts say.

But the school shares some of the blame. Despite owning "penn.edu" (which routes you to their main website), they still say that their official web address is "Upenn.edu".

You're soooo smart and amazing! I can't believe you got into all those schools! I wish I were like you, hell, I wish I was you!

That's what you wanted to hear, right?

Do you really need anonymous people on a forum to tell you that the decision to pick a school comes down to a gut feeling given all other qualities of the schools are equal?

You're soooo smart and amazing! I can't believe you got into all those schools! I wish I were like you, hell, I wish I was you!

That's what you wanted to hear, right?

Do you really need anonymous people on a forum to tell you that the decision to pick a school comes down to a gut feeling given all other qualities of the schools are equal?

:claps:My thoughts exactly

All are great schools! The reputation and facilities/opportunities are probably pretty close, but there are some differences.

For example Penn's curriculum is different (we do 1.5 yr basic science instead of 2, gives us more time for rotations), the locations are very different for all three, etc. One of my fav things about Penn is that it's close to all the other Penn schools, so I got to take art classes at the undergrad for free which I loved.

If you dig around, I'm sure you'll find more differences too, some which you'll care about, some which won't really matter. Just go to all the second looks and see how you feel after that :)

(And yes, people here at University of Pennsylvania call it Penn)

Status
Not open for further replies.