Medical Student

doc20

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2007
Cleveland
Status
Attending Physician
instead of wasting money on foreigners why cant they invest this money in the country 1st and open up more residency spots so we actually have a more better health care work force

About the Ads

dragonfly99

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
I think this is O.K. If you read the article, it's about how the armed forces are having trouble finding enough nurses, doctors and linguists for the current war effort. They are only going to recruit folks living in the US already (legally) for at least 2 years, who are here on student and work visis, or with refugee or political asylum status. The article says they need neurosurgeons, dermatologists and nurses, plus people who speak languages like Albanian and Arabic, etc. It's probably hard to find a lot of US citizens who speak these various languages.

But I do agree we need to expand our medical education system...I mean train more doctors.

BlondeDocteur

10+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2007
Cacti, Tumbleweed, Oil, McMansions
Status
Resident [Any Field]

earmuff

10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
instead of wasting money on foreigners why cant they invest this money in the country 1st and open up more residency spots so we actually have a more better health care work force
:slap:

Squiggy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2008
Status
Cost of keeping a US soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan: about $300,000 a year.

Cost of training a family physician: about $350,000 for a residency and they can work for a lifetime.

Realizing that our government always sells out the American citizen whether it be in allowing companies to ship jobs overseas, engaging in pointless wars, and insourcing foreigns for all jobs with H1 visas when our own unemployment rate is increasing: Priceless!

Last edited:
About the Ads