medapp03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
Status
I haven't gotten mine either. I think they are still dealing with 2002 admissions. A friend told me someone he knows just got admitted for this year 2 days ago (had been waitlisted). I know they send secondaries to all in state applicants so I'm sure they will go out at the same time. Maybe another month?!?

About the Ads
OP
B

bobmarley77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
Somewhere
Visit site
Status
Last year, I received my secondary in August and mailed them to LSU in September. I just don't understand why they are taking so long. I thought that they interviewed in October?

medapp03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
Status
Oh, I forgot. When I talked to them last (July I think), they had not even started working on the secondary for 2003 applicants. She said they were still busy with 2002 applicants. Sounded like they were pretty backed up.

OP
B

bobmarley77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
Somewhere
Visit site
Status
You're supposed to send the recs as soon as you can....you don't have to wait for the secondary. The secondary was really easy and straightforward; basic info; no essays at all.

I met with the Dean a few months ago and he had told me that everything was good with my application except for lack of significant volunteering/health-care experience, which I now have. So, I should get in this time around. I just hope I don't have to wait till March like last time since I am now a stronger candidate. Well, whatever happens happens. :cool:

About the Ads