Quantcast

People applying to Texas schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
What did you find most and least impressive about the schools you've been to so far?

I've only been to UTHSC San Antonio so far, but the RAHC down south was a big draw to me along with the cost of living and easy going atmosphere. The facilities seemed a bit worn out though.

Live4Life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What did you find most and least impressive about the schools you've been to so far?

I've only been to UTHSC San Antonio so far, but the RAHC down south was a big draw to me along with the cost of living and easy going atmosphere. The facilities seemed a bit worn out though.

What is the RAHC?

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Regional Academic Health Center

A two-year medical campus down near the Texas-Mexico border for med students in the clinical campus. You can go down there for a rotation, a semester, a year, or (I believe) the last two years and do your clinical rotations there. Community/rural health sort of focus and lots of hands-on opportunities for medical students due to a lack of residents.

That was the way it was sold to me anyway...

Last edited:

aggie08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You might get more input in the Republic of Texas Thread. =) Just an idea....a lot of people there don't post anywhere else....