DeadCactus

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
What did you find most and least impressive about the schools you've been to so far?

I've only been to UTHSC San Antonio so far, but the RAHC down south was a big draw to me along with the cost of living and easy going atmosphere. The facilities seemed a bit worn out though.

Live4Life

10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
What did you find most and least impressive about the schools you've been to so far?

I've only been to UTHSC San Antonio so far, but the RAHC down south was a big draw to me along with the cost of living and easy going atmosphere. The facilities seemed a bit worn out though.
What is the RAHC?

DeadCactus

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Regional Academic Health Center

A two-year medical campus down near the Texas-Mexico border for med students in the clinical campus. You can go down there for a rotation, a semester, a year, or (I believe) the last two years and do your clinical rotations there. Community/rural health sort of focus and lots of hands-on opportunities for medical students due to a lack of residents.

That was the way it was sold to me anyway...

Last edited:
About the Ads

aggie08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
You might get more input in the Republic of Texas Thread. =) Just an idea....a lot of people there don't post anywhere else....

About the Ads