People interviewing at USC on Nov 8

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What time is your interview? Perhaps we (liz, Tri and I) can meet up with you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah if you applicants wanna meet on friday to just chill and go over stuff lemme know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I should be free too :)

hi,

my interview is at 10:30. i'll be there before 10 am.

everyone, thank you so much for all of your advices and supports.

hnguyen

11 am for me. it looks like i may just have to fly in that morning unfortunately. i hope to be there early so i'd be up for meeting up then, or maybe afterwards since my flguth back is not until the evening.

I don't know how we're going to be able to meet (if we still are).... Anyone have ideas? Where are you all staying at?

im staying at the holiday inn close to the airport. i cant meet. sorry. but afterwards is a possibility.

i am now just flying in for the day so meeting up before will not work for me. but afterwards would cuz i will have all afternoon to kill if this interview only takes 2 hours. if anyone is into that let me know :)

So finally the dreaded interview is over. Overall, I don't think my interview was too impressive, rather it was quite drab. I had a male professor and a male student to interview me. They weren't very talkative, so I did most of the talking and prodded them on with the questioning. I perceived some kind of contempt from the professor, and a bored attitude from the student. I'm sure I wasn't that uninteresting! I didn't feel comfortable at all, as compared to my interview at UOP, which I felt I aced. This one at USC I'm very uncertain about, not confident at all. So I'm not expecting anything when that dreadful letter comes.....

So there goes my interview. How about everyone else's? Better luck than mine? or so-so?

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Mai =)

Hey Mai,

So we were actually in the same group I believe. I realized when we were doing the intros. Anyway, I was the blonde in the front row who had done two degrees. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to find you afterwards to introduce myself. And Tri, if you're reading this, I never found you either.

My interview started out strangely. I had a male faculty member and a female student. The student was outgoing and nice. The faculty guy was really abrasive and made some rather random, bordering on rude, comments at first. By the end it seemed to be better because the student carried the interview along and I made some good points about policy and USC being a good fit for me in that way. But the whole thing felt rushed and all of a sudden they were like "what do you want us to tell the committee about you? we need to end this." and that took me by surprise so I don't think my answer was that great. I don't know. I think it went okay overall.

What was everyone's impressions of the school? I felt like I really didn't get that much of one either way. I arrived very last minute because my yahoo maps directions got me a bit lost, so I missed talking to students beforehand. My vibe was that everyone seemed pretty nice, that it is a mellow place, and that the MS in regulatory affairs could be a good fit for me. I was surprised at how much "Trojan pride" there was. But there was nothing really that grabbed me. I think it is hard gto get an impression in 2 hours. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens and maybe visit again if I get in.

Hey guys,
well i think i had pretty much the same type of interview you guys had for usc. The guy interviewing me spent the whole time jotting down notes, not really looking at me when i spoke and just fired questions. I tried to get him to talk and ask about his experiences with pharmacy but i think i only dragged out a couple of short responses. Overall, its really hard to tell how the interview went but i'm not feeling good about it. :(

I didnt have a good feeling about my interview at USC and I got accepted. Personally, I think USC just interviews too many people in one day. That is why the interviews are not too "personal". Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone,

i hope everything went well at the interview. i got dr. McGeorge....(i think) as my interviewer. he went to ucsd and also a revelle student so we started out talking about the curriculum at ucsd and the 2 economics professors who just received the nobel prizes. i feel as if we only spend like 5 minutes talking about why i want to be a pharmacist and the female student who interview me didn't even have a chance to ask me any questions.

i only have time to ask them like 2 questions and i feel as if they were rushing me out at the end of the interview.... however, the professor was very friendly and the students.... (1st year student in front) were very helpful.

afterward, i really really want to be a part of usc because the school makes me feel welcome.

i don't really know how i did on the interview because jim the director said that he can only accept like 3-4 students out of a group of us (~25 people at the 10:20 group).

i'll be stalking the mailman everyday until i hear from the school...

bye
hnguyen

Who were the faculty members that interviewed you?

I believe Tri and I only got to meet Mai :( .....unless I was talking to you and didn't make the connection..... (I was the one walking around in the khakis and messenger type bag)

i was interviewd by christopher lomex. he's not faculty tho.
anyone familiar with him?

What types of questions were asked? Doesn't sound like the interview was too long.
I'm sending in my app in a few weeks, so all these comments are helping.

Originally posted by Oneday_9
What types of questions were asked? Doesn't sound like the interview was too long.
I'm sending in my app in a few weeks, so all these comments are helping.

it was only 20 minutes long. here's what i can remember:

why pharmacy?
do you have experience working in a pharmacy setting?
what leadership roles have you held?
where do you see yourself ending up in your career?
why usc?
what do you want us to tell the committee about you?

i also had christopher lomax. all he told me about himself was that he is a usc alum and director at the children's hospital.

Hey azpremed!
so you had lomex too...after reading your post on how your interview went, i'm not TOO bummed out about mine. I think i had the same experience as you. For a while there, i thought it was just me. that i made a bad impression on him or i said something wrong since he was so quiet. Your post was very reassuring. I dont know how the student interviewer felt about me....i think i pissed her off when i asked about immunizations because she got really defensive about it. oh well....oh yeah one more thing, is it christopher lomEx or lomAx?

Originally posted by Dloi
Hey azpremed!
so you had lomex too...after reading your post on how your interview went, i'm not TOO bummed out about mine. I think i had the same experience as you. For a while there, i thought it was just me. that i made a bad impression on him or i said something wrong since he was so quiet. Your post was very reassuring. I dont know how the student interviewer felt about me....i think i pissed her off when i asked about immunizations because she got really defensive about it. oh well....oh yeah one more thing, is it christopher lomEx or lomAx?

hey,

your post reassured me also. i think he was just a pretty quiet guy who took a lot of notes. he came more alive on the "why usc" topic, because he is obviously very connected to his alma mater. i doubt either of us made a bad impression, though at times he made some comments that i could not tell if they were like sarcastic jokes or rude remarks. it was sort of weird. and i dunno if it is lomax or lomex. i wrote down lomax on the notes i took during the interview but that could be wrong. the student seemed nice, though she rambled a bit and i felt bad because i cut her off at one point. but she seemed pretty positive overall. oh well, let's keep our fingers crossed for good news in the mail eventually :)

Yikes. You guys are bummin me out. Didn't realize it was so rough. Mine was a sunday morning drive, so I didn't really think it would be different for you guys. I got to meet two of you and that was a blast. I booked out of there when you guys went in for your IVs bc i was sick as h*ll.

AZ, sorry we didn't hook up and sorry that the faculty member pissed you off. that blows. Get his name straight so i can go kick his @ss ;)

I was really impressed with the whole group. Everyone had an interesting background that i spoke with. It's crazy to see how nervous peeps can be for these things. i don't remember sweatin these things at all. The first day candidates are generally the strongest so you're in great shape.

The policy faculty alone makes this school worth it AZ!!!!

Have you guys heard anything yet post i.v.?

Originally posted by Triangulation
Have you guys heard anything yet post i.v.?

nada, as of this morning when i left my parents' house in sf. he told us about 3 weeks to accept the 5 or 6 lucky few who wow the pants off of them and then more later after they have more interviewing. anyone heard anything?

i haven't heard anything yet either. none from uop or usc....should i start worrying? nah. i'll just ask santa to get me in for usc. that should be first on my christmas list....=)

You're in. Don't sweat it. Ask Santa for something else.;)