People that have taken Pearson's practice tests!! How did you take them??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamwhatichoosetobecome

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you that have taken Pearson's practice tests.. did you study some before you took them or did you take them to see how much you knew before studying?

Did you find that your percentiles on those exams matched your actual test score?
Also, did you use any other study tools? (Obv. Dr. Collins, kaplan, etc)

Thanks in advance. I just want to know the best way to use my $90 worth of practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.

Those of you that have taken Pearson's practice tests.. did you study some before you took them or did you take them to see how much you knew before studying?

Did you find that your percentiles on those exams matched your actual test score?
Also, did you use any other study tools? (Obv. Dr. Collins, kaplan, etc)

Thanks in advance. I just want to know the best way to use my $90 worth of practice tests.

I know this doesn't really help but good post I just bought two practice test from Pearson yesterday and I've been using Dr.collins to study for about two months now. I will take the first practice test two weeks before my PCAT date and the second practice test one week before my PCAT just to build some confidence I've heard good things about Pearson practice exam but who knows this year the PCAT change quite a bit so we'll see

I have been taking Pearson's practice tests and I have to say they are a lot harder than Dr. Collins practice tests. I was overwhelmed by a lot of the questions on the Pearsons practice tes. I think they're really close to the actually test so I'm kinda worried. Dr. Collins package is short and straight forward but it does not cover everything. I use both dr. collins and Kaplan. If you have time, pace yourself on the Kaplan but if you don't just focus on Dr. collins.

Has anyone taken Kaplan's practice exams? I found Kaplan to be way harder than the PCAT Practice exams..

Members don't see this ad :)
I've taken all 3, have gotten 80-99% overall on all 3.

Practice Test 7's Bio/Chem section was really difficult, especially the passage questions. They made no sense, and had little to do with the passages. Reminded me of the Kaplan questions, hope the real one isn't like that or I'll literally die.

Other than that, did pretty well. Have been using Dr. Collins for past month and half, usually get between 80-90% of the collin's practice questions right.

2 days left basically, think I will just review and go over all of the tests and hope for the best.

Really sucks for us, as we're the guinea pigs of the new passage based format of the test, but atleast that stupid verbal section is gone.

Let me know if y'all got any questions about the practice tests

Reactions: 2 users
I've taken all 3, have gotten 80-99% overall on all 3.

Practice Test 7's Bio/Chem section was really difficult, especially the passage questions. They made no sense, and had little to do with the passages. Reminded me of the Kaplan questions, hope the real one isn't like that or I'll literally die.

Other than that, did pretty well. Have been using Dr. Collins for past month and half, usually get between 80-90% of the collin's practice questions right.

2 days left basically, think I will just review and go over all of the tests and hope for the best.

Really sucks for us, as we're the guinea pigs of the new passage based format of the test, but atleast that stupid verbal section is gone.

Let me know if y'all got any questions about the practice tests

Did your preliminary scores from today match with what you were getting on the practice test?