People to People

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctormo24

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone gonna be at the People to People Future Leaders Summit in Medicine Program this summer at Johns Hopkins University and/or Stanford?

I'll be apart of both.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone gonna be at the People to People Future Leaders Summit in Medicine Program this summer at Johns Hopkins University and/or Stanford?

I'll be apart of both.

Yeah, me too.

What is it, could you plz explain quickly? Is it by invitation only? I'm curious, would love to attend. Thanks

The program is called the People to People Future Leaders Summit on Medicine. I was apart of it last summer at Johns Hopkins University. My position was a Conference Facilitator, it was me along with 30 other facilitators made up of undergraduate pre-med students, medical students, and teachers. We educated and mentored a group of 350 of the nations top high school students from around the world, all who shared an interest in medicine. The students are all split up into groups and assigned to a facilitator. Last summer I had a group of 13 sophomore students who I led through the program for 2 weeks. We had a curriculum to follow and teach, a sort of textbook from the program with different exercises to practice etc. we visited JHU Med and had a Q & A with Dean White, visited the NIH, overall it was a life changing experience for me.

It is not by invitation only, you must apply, have an interview over the phone, and then from their proceed on. It is open to current pre-medical students, medical students, and teachers. As of rite now I know the program at Stanford is officially full of Facilitators so they will not be taking anymore, not sure if Hopkins is full. If you have any questions or want more details feel free to PM me.

I did it two summers ago at JHU and UCLA. It was a great experience! Have fun~~

I did it last summer and for me it was a life changing experience.

I had a couple of friends apply, but I am not sure if they got accepted. Congratulations and have fun!