People who don't eat and don't drink.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

exmissionary

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377/14815_autotroph.html

This man has not been eating or drinking anything for 62 years, since the age of six. Indian doctors examined and tested him: they placed the man in a special room, outfitted the room with surveillance cameras and sealed the bathroom. As it turned out, Pralad Djani's body was functioning absolutely normally.

Any comments? Any way of proving it either true or false?

Members don't see this ad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

This stuff is priceless:

She claims that her DNA has expanded from 2 to 12 strands, to "absorb more hydrogen". :laugh:

She also won the 2000 Ig Nobel Prize for Literature for Living on Light

The science of Caloric Restriction, occasional fasting, and the longevity of slightly underweight individuals is interesting, but this is a little beyond science, yes?

Members don't see this ad :)
just look at all the typos and grammatical errors in the article, not a good sign for it being true

yet another reason why you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

It's from pravda, search around and look at some of their other articles, they are all equally ridiculous. But wouldn't it be awesome if it was true.

This man has not been eating or drinking anything for 62 years, since the age of six. Indian doctors examined and tested him: they placed the man in a special room, outfitted the room with surveillance cameras and sealed the bathroom. As it turned out, Pralad Djani's body was functioning absolutely normally.

Pravda = repository of pseudoscientific garbage.

Uh, hey guys, it was an article on an internet news site. Of course it's true.

Next, you'll be telling me not to believe everything I see on TV.

I'm sure it's true. The UFO's that taught the Egyptians how to build the pyramids came out of a magic lamp and granted him three wishes.

His son is Batboy. Don't you people read?

It is not possible for any known organism to survive without water. Case closed.

I like how there is all these assertions, but where is the data? What steps were taken to ensure that all other confounding variables were controlled and to solidify internal validity?
:bullcrap::confused::bullcrap::confused::bullcrap:

If you believe this, you're going to get carpal tunnel syndrome from writing narcotics prescriptions if you ever have to do a rotation in the ER/ED.

Members don't see this ad :)
Deja vu. In american government today we were talking about media. Underlying message was that we shouldn't trust everything we hear and read because it "seems" to come from a legitimized source.

Taken directly from the article:

"The 70-year-old Indian yogi Pralad Djani is one of the most renowned contemporary autotrophs. This man has not been eating or drinking anything for 62 years, since the age of six."

How could one ever argue with those facts?

why are all of you tossing this article out like it's a piece of used toilet paper? for those of you that didn't know, pravada.ru is actually a very reputable source for world news that was recently granted the award for general excellence by the ONPA. don't be so quick to dismiss....

why are all of you tossing this article out like it's a piece of used toilet paper? for those of you that didn't know, pravada.ru is actually a very reputable source for world news that was recently granted the award for general excellence by the ONPA. don't be so quick to dismiss....

umm. did you read the article. who cares where it was from.

Taken directly from the article:

"The 70-year-old Indian yogi Pralad Djani is one of the most renowned contemporary autotrophs. This man has not been eating or drinking anything for 62 years, since the age of six."

How could one ever argue with those facts?
:laugh: I didn't catch that. That's beyond hilarious.

umm. did you read the article. who cares where it was from.

Hey if you took that guy seriously, can I offer to sell you a piece of the moon? Just for you, half price.

Ha, get in line, a real estate agency has been using a loophole in the space treaty to sell 1 acre plots on the moon for years. Cheap but the commute is horrible.
check
http://www.lunarlandowner.com/index.html

I knew a kid who was trying to go breathetarian once. Of course we were working on a direct action campaign in Montana, in January so it was not the best time to stop eating. Long story short he crossed a police line to try an "heal" a government capture/kill facility for bison and then tried to hide nearby. Cops and security guards are dumb and lazy but not too dumb and lazy to follow foot-deep footprints in snow.

Long story short: low glucose makes you dumb. Kind of like only talking to people who agree with you.

That's impossible. No one can live that long without eating or drinking, especially without water. Impossible.

Hey if you took that guy seriously, can I offer to sell you a piece of the moon? Just for you, half price.

ill take a piece as long as it's certified by the ONPA

Mutants live in underworld of Moscow!
Extraterrestrial medicine cures strokes and paralysis!
Aliens down Tunguska meteorite to save Earth!
Black race not related to apes!
One cigarette may kill mankind!
Boriska, boy from Mars, says that all humans live eternally!
Vegetarianism proves to be perversion of nature!

Seems legit to me.

this is hilarious.:laugh:
You should go to the main website.
http://www.breatharian.com/home.html

membership starts at $25 million now! bargain! i'm going to join.
hahaha wow. :laugh:
you need to eat McDonald's and Diet Coke for a while before you can stop eating. fruits and vegetables are bad for you too.

this has jus made my boring day at work a lot more interesting.

this is hilarious.:laugh:
You should go to the main website.
http://www.breatharian.com/home.html

membership starts at $25 million now! bargain! i'm going to join.
hahaha wow. :laugh:
you need to eat McDonald's and Diet Coke for a while before you can stop eating. fruits and vegetables are bad for you too.

this has jus made my boring day at work a lot more interesting.

d0000de, this is almost as ridiculous as Stewie U.

He has a cell phone number listed along with his fifth dimension number. How convenient!

"If you have trouble the first time you call, meditate on the 5 magic words for a few minutes and try again. "

Sure thing, boss.

He has a cell phone number listed along with his fifth dimension number. How convenient!

"If you have trouble the first time you call, meditate on the 5 magic words for a few minutes and try again. "

Sure thing, boss.

hahaha. that is EXACTLY what i thought when i saw that site. Oh man.
I stopped going to the Stewie U forum tho.
this may require some investigation...:laugh:

Didn't we already know this through one of the Olson twins awhile back?

One day a couple weeks ago I skipped lunch and dinner. That's both lunch and dinner.

HA. i already own the moon. ive also got the world on a string, and im sittin on a rainbow. i talked about it in my PS. it was a pretty good conversation starter during interviews....it also works quite well with the ladies.

That's impossible...he'd die of dehydration first and foremost. Sheesh...utter :bullcrap:

Don't young girls try this diet all over the country with disastrous results? Wouldn't that disprove this junk?

They hide their binging.

L10395022.jpg

Lolz, Pravda is The Weekly World News with some hot girls thrown in. Always good for a laugh.

Bah, you don't need to go to India to see people who don't eat or drink, just go to hollywood

Bah, you don't need to go to India to see people who don't eat or drink, just go to hollywood

The not eating I can agree with but you'd be hard pressed to find somebody in hollywood who doesn't drink.

Sure thing, boss.
I called the number on the site, some dude answered, so i hung up.. pretty anticlimactic

The body was producing urine, although it was being absorbed into the urinary bladder. The yogi said that he was receiving water from air. He also said that there was a tiny hole in the palate, from which drops of "heavenly" water penetrated into his mouth.
Seems plausible to me.

This story has now been picked up by the mainstream media. Articles all over the place, just google yogi not eating. Craziness.

just look at all the typos and grammatical errors in the article, not a good sign for it being true

It was written originally in Russian, it was probably poorly transliterated for the English version.

As a side note, Pravda was the official propaganda newspaper (along with Izvestia) of the Communist Party in the Soviet Union.

I'll become a believer when people in third world countries aren't dying of starvation/malnutrition on a daily basis ;)

It was written originally in Russian, it was probably poorly transliterated for the English version.

As a side note, Pravda was the official propaganda newspaper (along with Izvestia) of the Communist Party in the Soviet Union.

Actually having said this, I think most of you would be prone to agree with the content of the article since most of you are red diaper doper babies :laugh:

I think this is possible if you regularly replace your meals with adderall