Army People who got off the Army Dental HPSP OML

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gojets64

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently was notified by the Army that I am on the OML for dental HPSP. This came as a bit of a surprise because my numbers (3.8/22 AA) are historically fairly above average for Army HPSP recipients and I believed my application was strong overall. Both my recruiter and his commanding officer seemed very confident I would be awarded the scholarship from the moment I began my packet, but so far that hasn't happened. I don't need any waivers or anything like that, although I didn't get an acceptance letter from a dental school until after the board met, which I know can have an effect on results.

I would like to hear from people who got placed on the OML and later got accepted. What were your numbers, when did you get off the OML, and whether or not you think my chances of making it off OML are decent. It sounds like 5-10 people will turn down their offer in favor of either the Air Force or the Navy.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That's very surprising. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also was waitlisted with a 3.5/25AA unfortunately. Have you heard anything back yet?

I also was waitlisted with a 3.5/25AA unfortunately. Have you heard anything back yet?

I haven't heard anything yet. My best guess based on what I could find out about previous years is that some people will be chosen off the waitlist next month, but no one has been able to give me anything definitive.

Does anyone have a clue on how many the place in the OML? Or anything regarding ranking on the OML?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a clue on how many the place in the OML? Or anything regarding ranking on the OML?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My understanding is the OML is unranked. So they consider every applicant on the OML when a spot opens up.

OP and nsid both seem to have competitive stats. I was just wondering what time you got the ball rolling on your applications? Maybe a later application could be the reason but other then that just seems like luck. Good luck to the both of you.

I started mine in July and had everything done several months before the deadline. I guess i was just unlucky