1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

People who have recently taken DAT...

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by jt157095, Aug 8, 2015.

1. jt157095

Pre-Dental
    What would you say the level of Trig/advanced Trig was on the QR? The 2009 ADA QR has lots of advanced Trig (sec, cosecant, arctan, etc.). I know they've tried to include more probability but I was just wondering what the scope of the Trig was on the 2015 exam. Thanks

2. PDstudent16

Pre-Dental
    There is a decent amount of trig, but nothing super advanced in my opinion! Definitely know your trig identities and different relationships. If you have math destroyer there are a ton of equations in the front so definitely review those before your exam. If not, DATBOOTCAMP has a free equation sheet on their website under the QR section, and this covers most of the trig you'd need to know

3. daniho

Pre-Dental
    I just finished taking my exam like an hour ago, and the math was SO basic. Like unbelievably basic. The hardest that it got was simplifying sec/cot/csc equations, and finding the angles in a polygon.. The hardest word problem that I got was a coin problem. But also remember that every test is different! Some people get super lucky with easy tests, and others get trickier tests.