People who have recently taken DAT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jt157095

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would you say the level of Trig/advanced Trig was on the QR? The 2009 ADA QR has lots of advanced Trig (sec, cosecant, arctan, etc.). I know they've tried to include more probability but I was just wondering what the scope of the Trig was on the 2015 exam. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There is a decent amount of trig, but nothing super advanced in my opinion! Definitely know your trig identities and different relationships. If you have math destroyer there are a ton of equations in the front so definitely review those before your exam. If not, DATBOOTCAMP has a free equation sheet on their website under the QR section, and this covers most of the trig you'd need to know

I just finished taking my exam like an hour ago, and the math was SO basic. Like unbelievably basic. The hardest that it got was simplifying sec/cot/csc equations, and finding the angles in a polygon.. The hardest word problem that I got was a coin problem. But also remember that every test is different! Some people get super lucky with easy tests, and others get trickier tests.