People who heard from Baylor....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When was your interview date?
Maybe they only called the first group of interviewees today...??...
I think both bobcat and grasshopper interviewed on Sept 7th...right?
What about synite?
Anyone who interviewed in one of the later sessions hear from Baylor?

Members don't see this ad.

I would be interested in this information too. If you wouldn't feel weird about it, could you also post or send me your stats via a private message just so I can get a feel for the "numbers" of people who are getting accepted right now? Thanks all, and congratulations future doctors.

Interviewed on Sept 7-8th.

-Bobcat

Members don't see this ad :)
From a survey of the people I know who got in (not me, at least nope yet (fingers crossed) most of the people had MCATs around 38 and about 3.9 GPA. This is actually info from Scooby, so I might be a tiny bit off.

Well...high numbers Jalbrekt...maybe not quite that high..but definitely in that range :) :) :)

I totally didn't realize that you were the one asking the question. I love it how I quoted you while answering your question. I basically told you what you told me on the phone last night. I'm such an idiot.

Hahah...well it was paranoidandroid asking the question big Jalbrekt...maybe that little blonde from Dream has been making you go insane in the brain lately :) haha
Is she still calling you every night?
For anyone who thinks scooby is a dawg...you haven't met Jalbrekt...he's got hot superstars all over him :)
haha

For some reason she hasn't called me since the "incident." But outside of that, I have no comment.

So, is there a verdict on the question of interview date? I'm going crazy because I haven't gotten a call. Why don't they love me? :)

Okay, here is what I emailed Scooby earlier about why it's ridiculous to start worrying if you didn't hear from Baylor yet. I feel sorry for you guys because I know waiting sucks, but I don't feel that sorry because a) You all stand an excellent chance of getting in, b) All of you have had some amazing interview invites already, and this is still very early in the game. All of you will be getting into med school and most likely will be choosing between excellent schools -- personally, I think the people who need to worry are those who don't start getting their first interview invites until winter.

Now, here are the reasons why it is silly to get worked up right now:

1) They purposely try NOT to fill the class until after the last group interviews in late February/early March. Thus, they can't make too many offers at any one time before then because they don't want to have their class filled by December.

2) A good friend of mine from undergrad, who is an MS2 at Baylor, knows some people from the admissions committe when he was interviewing. He interviewed the first weekend of October, and didn't hear until just before Christmas, although they apparently knew since his interview that he was getting in. Don't ask me why it took that long to get back to him, it just did.

3) Sometimes the people who interview really early in the season can get slightly screwed over in terms of timing of acceptance. My interviewer told me last year that no one except for 2 or 3 of the "high-ups" really understand how the final decisions are made/allotted and that a lot of the fall people tend to start hearing in the early spring after the interviews are completed.

Anyways, keep the faith. :)

I'm sure lilycat's right and you'll all get in to the right school, and yes, for the record, I did interview on the 7th. I also didn't have any real "oh my gosh I really clicked with that interviewer" experiences there, so I guess basically you can never know how they make the decisions . . .good luck, and keep posting if you get in. Those who have gotten in, is this your top choice? Are you withdrawing from other places?

hey all,

I interviewed on Sept 21-22. so i guess they are sending acceptances to all interview sessions thus far..

stats are pretty good...interviews went well, clicked with two, the third was falling asleep. no inside connections or anything like that.

not sure its my first choice but i was seriously impressed and its high on my list. i am out-of-state.

i hope you all hear the good word real soon. good luck.....

synite...all hope is lost now :( :( :( :( :(

jalbrekt...just go for the dream girl..she is rich..she'll take care of you :) haha

Umm, she's not black.

Jalbrekt...haha...yes..I see now the error in my comment :)

I am sure you could work it out though. She provides the money...then when she is out on tour...You drive her navigator around and pick up the girls :)

Thanks lilycat,

Yeah, I know it's stupid to get worked up already, but dang it would be nice to hear early! Oh well...

synite, I was also there 9/20-21. Maybe we met? Congrats on your acceptance.

Have any Texas residents gotten an acceptance? Maybe they call all out-of-staters that were accepted because they want them to come, while maybe they just send letters to Texas residents? My cousin who went to Baylor says she only got a letter.