People who interviewed at UHCO for this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M281384

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get a poll of how many were accepted same day, after (how long?), wait listed, rejected.

Really appreciate the info!

Members don't see this ad.

accepted right after the interview, i think if you get an interview invite youre good

accepted right after the interview, i think if you get an interview invite youre good

Hey Samsky, if you don't mind me asking, how long after submitting your application did you receive the interview invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do most people who get invited to the UHCO interview get accepted? Or do they accept only some of the interviewees, and waitlist/reject others? Does anyone know?

Do most people who get invited to the UHCO interview get accepted? Or do they accept only some of the interviewees, and waitlist/reject others? Does anyone know?

Usually if they are going to accept you unconditionally, they give you your acceptance letter as you are leaving.

I'm not sure what the process is for someone rejected or waitlisted. I'm not sure that they do a whole lot with the waitlist - I haven't heard about a lot of people getting put on that. Maybe super late in the cycle.

But usually they are only inviting you to interview if they expect to accept you. If something comes up during the day that makes them second guess that, I think that's the only reason you might not be accepted day of. Reasons might include personality (do you have the outgoing friendly attitude that optometry requires?), prereq timeline and when you will finish everything, grade updates not being enough if you retook classes (although again I think usually you would have to get them that information before an invite would be sent out, and they wouldn't invite you if it was below expectations), etc.

I interviewed in October and was accepted the same day, as was everyone else in my interview group (2 others).