People who took may 2010 pearson practice test how'd you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmJunkie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I would like to know your percentile range you got by taking the test.

Members don't see this ad.

Two new threads within 3 minutes of each other?

I havn't taken the PCATs so I can't really help you. but the search function works miracles. if you just searched "Practice PCAT pearson" into the search box, you will find that there are 67 results that could answer your question.
GL

I purchased all three practice tests and just took the second one this morning. On both test 1 and 2 I scored in the range of 80-99%. Did you already take the May 2010 practice test? I feel like it will be the most helpful out of all three.

I've taken the Pearson practice test #1.

On biology, chemistry, and quantitative I got 38/48 correct answers... Is this a good score? It's roughly 80%, but I don't know if that'll translate into a 70 percentile, 80 percentile, 90 percentile, etc. Any one got a good estimate?

I also just took the biology test in Kaplan. 38/48 again! >_<

Members don't see this ad :)
I've taken the Pearson practice test #1.

On biology, chemistry, and quantitative I got 38/48 correct answers... Is this a good score? It's roughly 80%, but I don't know if that'll translate into a 70 percentile, 80 percentile, 90 percentile, etc. Any one got a good estimate?

I also just took the biology test in Kaplan. 38/48 again! >_<

Thomas, I don't understamd. The pearson practice pcat test will compute your percentile for you. you should already know the answer to your question. At any rate, depending on how many wrong answers were experiment 30/40 correct answers i think is a 75 +/- 10 percentile depending on the test.

Thomas, I don't understamd. The pearson practice pcat test will compute your percentile for you. you should already know the answer to your question. At any rate, depending on how many wrong answers were experiment 30/40 correct answers i think is a 75 +/- 10 percentile depending on the test.

Smiles you misunderstood. The PCAT percentile is NOT based on how many answers you answer correctly out of your raw score, it is based on how many test takers you have scored better than. Thomas was asking how his scores would translate into such a construct.

Ji,

But the pearson practice test tells you exactly what your percentile test score range (yes,how many people did worse than you) would be and most people on SDN say its a pretty accurate predictor for the acutal test.

Also, I know the PCAT is based on how many people did worse that you. However, there are some generalizations that you can make from test to test because each test has the same level of difficulty. For instance, 10 wrong on the entire test will get you score in the 90%tile

Last edited:

I know it will, but I don't want to do the diagnostic test just yet. Plus, the diagnostic test is a pretty broad range, isn't it? I have a pretty good understanding of how the actual scoring on the real test is done.

I would just like to hear about how well people did on the practice tests (% of questions correctly answered) vs how well they did on the real PCAT (percentile), if possible.

I only remember my Bio off the top of my head because I was just telling my friend about it... but

On pearson practice tests, out of the 40 that they counted, I got 35-37 correct, on 3 exams. It put me at the 80-99% percentile and I ended up with a 94 on the actual exam (June '10)

I believe it was similar for Quant also, and I ended up with a 90 on that on the actual. I really do believe that the ranking that they give you provides a very good gauge of what you might get if you take the PCAT right at that moment.

Overall on practice test 2 was between 80-99%, got a 91 on the June 2010 PCAT.

Verbal btwn 80-99, actual: 92
Bio - between 80-99, actual: 84
Chem - btwn 65-85, actual: 77
RC - btwn 80-99, actual: 96
QA - 70-90, actual: 73

Between the practice test and the actual test, I reviewed mostly Chemistry and a little math.

For the third practice test I got (estimating from my memory)

Verbal: 50-60
Biology: 85-95
Reading Comprehension: 50-60
Math: 85-95
Chemistry: 90-99

As I remember...what you guys think? Any chance for me to do well on this (other than the verbal and reading...I'm working on that)

I had a range of 62-82 on first 2 practice tests and got a 62 on the June test. :-(

I'm going to buy the 3rd one and prep for Aug.

Im so sorry JJV mom...Hope that you do better. There is room for improvement. Guys I am so excited. I took a second practice test and scored 80-99 percentile range all over. This is way passed my expectations and I am happy I did better than the first one. My math was the "suckiest" score once again, but not to terrible. Yay me! I hope I can continue this trend on the actual PCAT.

I have taken all three Pearson Practice Tests and other than some chemistry and math problems i have been rocking the exams with like 80-99% on the bio and verbal. Im concerned though that even I have do well on these practice tests will I have a good chance of repeating the same scores. Has there been anyone out there that took all Pearson tests and still a lot lower than they got in the practice. I know the questions are not going to be the same on the actual PCAT but does the practice exams show where im really at?

keep in mind that the actual PCAT questions will be substantially harder than the questions on the practice exams. The type of questions will be VERY similar, but the level of difficulty will increase dramatically

source: PCAT veterans, Pearson representative.