People who took the new NBDE1 (2012)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you please provide some feedback? Appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

looking for female study partner if interested call me at 2485607086,if i am away leave me a message i will get back to you,thanks

Took it yesterday, it was the same as the released practice exams pretty much as far as question content. I didn't have any new format style questions (Multiple answer, extended matching, and such) which was kind of surprising.
Can i depend on dental decks only ??? coooz many many told me this

any one answer plzzzzz .. are thw dental decks enough to study them only ??? cozz many many told me to read them only

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planning on taking this exam AGAIN during June (most likely the second week of June) and I would appreciate any insight from those who have taken the new format and any study material that would best prepare me for this exam. I have studied numerous hours each and every day but my confidence level is lacking due to my failure last time. :( Again, if anyone has any insight please let me know. I have been through the decks, the first aid book, several lecture notes, and old exams. I plan on starting "crack the boards" tomorrow. Honestly, lately I have been using Wiki as a study tool to get a background on several different topics. For those preparing to take the exam you may find the website khanacademy.com useful, it simplifies several topics that pertain to NBDE 1 study material. I hope to hear from some of you all soon. :thumbup: Stay strong!

3 of my frnds gave the exam by just studying from the decks and solving ASDA papers. and they Passed. they even got their result in 2 weeks!. Good luck.. im doing the same but one of my frnd told me to do occlusion part from Kaplan. the rest eeither use the intrnet and decks are enough.. i hope it helps. and good luck once again!

thanks a ton. I took a section from the "crack the boards" today and did well so I am hoping that the exam will reflect this same progress.

Hello All,

I took my exam yesterday and don't feel good about it. It was hard and detailed. I read from decks, ASDA, kaplan, various books. There were questions that i have never heard of and did not understand them. I tried googling after exam nothing exists. anyways, i would say remem each question on ASDA as many questions were from it. revise as much as possible because if you don't remem at the time of exam then its no point reading at the first place. I will repost when i get my result. You can ask me if u have any questions.

Hello All,

I took my exam yesterday and don't feel good about it. It was hard and detailed. I read from decks, ASDA, kaplan, various books. There were questions that i have never heard of and did not understand them. I tried googling after exam nothing exists. anyways, i would say remem each question on ASDA as many questions were from it. revise as much as possible because if you don't remem at the time of exam then its no point reading at the first place. I will repost when i get my result. You can ask me if u have any questions.

Sorry about your exam, I'm sure you passed - everyone feels crappy after they take it.

How were you scoring on the ASDA released exams before you took it?

any one answer plzzzzz .. are thw dental decks enough to study them only ??? cozz many many told me to read them only
That's all most people in my class are using. The decks and old released ASDA exams. I have only used the decks supplemented with my notes and have gotten about 150-160/200 on the practice exams. The decks mention almost everything you need to know. You just have to go through them several times to catch it all. But unless you study for several months you are not going to know everything.

Can you please provide some feedback? Appreciate it!

Hello everyone just took NBDE 1 today. What a day!!! I studied for about 8 months used Dental Decks2010, Lecture Notes, Release exams, First Aid, Q Banks.... The exam was very very difficult!!!! Lots of syndromes and Biochemistry. Most of the time I was not sure about the answers, I don't think I'm going to pass :(

Hello! I just took my exam today it was very difficult, I don't think I'll pass. I will suggest that you study from ASDA release exams and QBanks since I remember lots of Q' form these came in the test. When did you take the test last time? Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone tell me which exam should be taken first nbde part 1 oer toefl??
hi,
I am dentist from India , i am planning for nbde part 1 exam in august .
is 3 months enough for prep? pls guide me by ur experience&what books to b followed?
thanku...........pls help........

I just took my exam yesterday. I think the exam was 10% super hard, 20% hard, 50% medium, 20% super easy. I studied for one month and 2 weeks 7 hours per day. I finished DECKS twice and the important ones three times.. I finished all released questions twice... too tooooo many questions are repeated with different wording I faced maybe 10 questions same exact words. Kaplan is your WORST resource either the book or specially the stupid videos. I graduated 8 years ago I didn't practice dentistry since 4 years.. I absolutely couldn't remember what masticatory muscles are before I started, everything was like I am studying a new language and I know I will pass in shaa Allah. study smart and don't spend too much time on one info there's wary too much to cover. good luck for everybody
Hi
i want to know about released questions like fromm 1999 onwards ...where can i get these?
thanks alot

I have the 2012-2013 Decks and the released Qs from the 90s-2009..... Kaplan is not only a waste of time but also it makes you want to quit on studying! the wording and organizing of the book is terrible:mad:. the USMLE videos is boring and too many details you will never be asked about... there Q bank is very confusing! don't spend one minute on the Q bank, spend every minute on the released questions YOU have to do hundreds of released the more you do the more you close to pass.. I also used first aide for dental anatomy as it was about 30 pages after I finished decks and it was very organized, straight to the point and from my experience they DO use a lot of first aide dental anatomy wording in the exam. GOOD LUCK
hi
i want to know where i can get these released questions th 90 -2009..Do you have any idea about changes in decks in year 2012-2013 from 2009..Because i have old decks 2009-2010
thanks alot

hi
i want to know where i can get these released questions th 90 -2009..Do you have any idea about changes in decks in year 2012-2013 from 2009..Because i have old decks 2009-2010
thanks alot
hiii
i am giving my part exam in june..i need asda papers...as u said u have them from year 2000- 2009..can i get them?? do u have d soft copy of it?? ur help will b really appreciable ...u can PM me or email me on [email protected]..
regards

I have the 2012-2013 Decks and the released Qs from the 90s-2009..... Kaplan is not only a waste of time but also it makes you want to quit on studying! the wording and organizing of the book is terrible:mad:. the USMLE videos is boring and too many details you will never be asked about... there Q bank is very confusing! don't spend one minute on the Q bank, spend every minute on the released questions YOU have to do hundreds of released the more you do the more you close to pass.. I also used first aide for dental anatomy as it was about 30 pages after I finished decks and it was very organized, straight to the point and from my experience they DO use a lot of first aide dental anatomy wording in the exam. GOOD LUCK
hiii
i am giving my part exam in june..i need asda papers...as u said u have them from year 2000- 2009..can i get them?? do u have d soft copy of it?? ur help will b really appreciable ...u can PM me or email me on [email protected]..
regards

sim

you can study in break . But its better you dont study just go with the flow relax eat something and freshen up for the next session. thats what i did. just RELAX

sim sim
keep studying revise n revise
It depends on where you take it. At my test center I wasn't allowed to have any study material during the break, they even went with me when I was taking my food out of the locker. Whereas, my friend who took the test in CT was allowed to walk out of the center for that hour, they just told her to be back on time.

I wouldn't advise you to review anything. The test is really random, is highly unlikely that the things you review will be on the test and also, the level of difficulty of the second half was wayy higher (this is probably just my impression). So you need to be rested to be able to concentrate. Remember that is not just about knowledge but also about endurance...

Hi
i M ALSO LOOKING FOR RELEASED PAPERS ..SO ANYONE CAN HELP ME ... PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANY CHANGES IN DECKS 2012-2013 FROM 2009,,LIKE I HAVE 2009-2010..
THANKS

hEY KAUR
hows ur preparation? which books are u doing? I M looking for released papers from 1999 onwards..if you have please let me know ..ur help will b really appreciated..which year decks are u doing?

hEY KAUR
hows ur preparation? which books are u doing? I M looking for released papers from 1999 onwards..if you have please let me know ..ur help will b really appreciated..which year decks are u doing?
My xam s within few days ..can unsg me after2june ..iwll send u the papers ...thnks ...

It depends on where you take it. At my test center I wasn't allowed to have any study material during the break, they even went with me when I was taking my food out of the locker. Whereas, my friend who took the test in CT was allowed to walk out of the center for that hour, they just told her to be back on time.

I wouldn't advise you to review anything. The test is really random, is highly unlikely that the things you review will be on the test and also, the level of difficulty of the second half was wayy higher (this is probably just my impression). So you need to be rested to be able to concentrate. Remember that is not just about knowledge but also about endurance...

Is it mixed ques ..or it's section wise as n Asda papers ? ....which part s there after 2 break ? ... I thnk I wld relax then ..thnks for advice ..shd I take 1 hr break or 15 -20 min r fine ....Time s sufficient for xam ..?

Thanx alot . Will wait after 2 june which s not very far. Wish u all th very best for exam. Can u plzz answer my rest two questions i asked u in my last post thanks alot

hey all, i gav my xam on may 3 and got results on may21....passed...studied for three and half mths..kaplan decks and asda.

@Simsim. It's all mixed, the whole test, there's not a specific pattern. Try to do I-L, I-M or I-N of the ASDA series and you'll get the idea. And yes I felt that you have enough time to complete the test and review. As for the break I only took about 25 minutes because I was feeling tired already and wanted to get back to it while I still had some energy. Good luck!!!

@Simsim. It's all mixed, the whole test, there's not a specific pattern. Try to do I-L, I-M or I-N of the ASDA series and you'll get the idea. And yes I felt that you have enough time to complete the test and review. As for the break I only took about 25 minutes because I was feeling tired already and wanted to get back to it while I still had some energy. Good luck!!!

Oh..thnks a lot ...mixed ..I thnk ,,that's gud ....u get bored answerg same subject ,..mixed s ok ...what u thnk?

hi. im giving NBDE part 1 first week of july. Using kaplan notes, decks and asda. Started around beginning of April. For the people who have already taken the exam, how difficult would you say the exam was?

Hi .. i wanna ask you for released papers ..if u can give me .. thanx for your post ,,its a great help as i also couldnt do the kaplan ..I m also doing decks with first aid..but looking for papers ; RECENT ONE.. your help will b appreciated..congrats for ur result..
thanx

Hi
i want to know about released questions like fromm 1999 onwards ...where can i get these?
thanks alot

do u think its a good idea to do past papers from the 70s and 80s? A couple of people who had taken the test said its not worth the time but im not sure i agree. what do you guys think?

Those who got the results can you tell us if you got it by USPS or any private service like fedex etc? My apartment is accessible to USPS only. I gave my exam on May 17 have not got anything yet.

Hello, I am new to the forum. I am planning to take NBDE I test in July. I am looking for a female partner to study. Who is interested..please send me through private message.

Hello, I am new to the forum. I am planning to take NBDE I test in July. I am looking for a female partner to study. Who is interested..please send me through private message.

hi ..im giving the exam in july..where are you from?