People who took the new NBDE1 (2012)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you please provide some feedback? Appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

thanku so much for the reply..guess i should just stick with decks,papers and firstaid. and many thanks for clearing my doubts about kaplan.
hey
have u given ur exam..i jus want to know if decks are enough or not as i am also not doing kaplans ..
thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
guys plzz reply...
m loking for papers ? whats the difference btw released and asda papers/
thanx

:thumbup:hey
i just received my score report after along wait annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddd

i passssssssssssss i am soooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyyy

all the best to all exam takers

Hi, I am new on the blog. Am taking part 1 2nd week in July and am really confused about the multiple answers pattern, can anymore throw light on this issue. Because I read that if one doesn't get all the options right,it's gonna be a score of zero(0).
How many of such questions did you recent exam takers saw in your questions, just wanna be sure because am studying with dental decks 2012/2013.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Simsim,
realized u just took your part 1 recently.
I am taking mine in July, please. Can you throw light on the multiple answers pattern. How many questions were like that or was it all the questions?
How difficult were they. How are they scored because I heard if you don't answer all the options correctly its a score of zero.
Please reply,congrats in advance.
Thanks

congrats on your result dentalgem......did you do the asda papers.....how much did you score in them ...... im going to give my xam this month and im pretty tensed...im doing asda papers and im scoring aroung 80-85 in each subject ...is that enough ???

hi dgal
first of all relax you are doing pretty good just have faith n confidence everything then FOLLOWS. I did all asda series from A to N as atleast if repeats do come i did not just want to let go the questions which i could count on. rest if you have time do all orelse atleast the latest ones

all the best for your exam

thank you dentalgem.....:) so did you find repeated questions ??? were the papers useful?

Hi :) I have been studying the subjects of part 1 on and off for past 5 months. i am almost done with the syllabus and am left with dental anatomy, then i have to revise Decks and First aid 2 times each. I have to take my exam in september this year. I studied pathology and anatomy from text books first, and biochemistry and micro from kaplans. and physiology from kaplan organ systems.
I wanted to ask how should i revise everything and on what things should i concentrate more and how can i judge myself?
:thumbup:

Hi,
I am dental student(u.g.), currently an intern. I plan to take the exam beginning of 2013. When should i start my application procedure? I am really confused regarding the order of requirements to apply for nbde1. do i get a dentpin first followed by ece evaluation? or is it the other way round? also can i get my transcripts evaluated by ece with my provisional, I.E. WITHOUT MY DEGREE IN HAND.
Any guidance would be of great help.

Hi I'm a new member I've seen dental decks 12-13 yesterday only the questions are with many right options , my query is is it same in the exam also plz all those who have recently given exam can u enlighten me
What if in a thr r 3 correct ans and I mark only two ??

Hey!! I have a similar question to Dentgem. :) For those who have taken the exam recently, is the exam format changed? As in multiple answer choices, matching, etc?? Or is it the same as in the past (I hope!)? Also, would it matter much if I've studied from the '09-'10 decks instead of the more recent decks??

Hey!! I have a similar question to Dentgem. :) For those who have taken the exam recently, is the exam format changed? As in multiple answer choices, matching, etc?? Or is it the same as in the past (I hope!)? Also, would it matter much if I've studied from the '09-'10 decks instead of the more recent decks??

Hey DMD can u mail me decks 09-10 on [email protected]

Thanks a lot in advance :)

hiii guysss.......jus got my result today....n its d best four letter word''''' PASS"""..........
i m sooo happyyyyy .:luck:...... jus need to know anyone in toronto area who 's given part 1 in june and passed......doo reply.........

hey dentgem
there are no multiple ans question or matching ......but i had question which had statement and reason type .....other than dat all other questions are like previous papers.....single ans questions ...

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I am taking my exam in 2 weeks and like most, I am a little nervous!!! I have really been trying to study as hard as I can while preparing for finals (my school has summer school right now path micro and perio)...It has been a pain but I want a longer Summer than many classmates. I have a bunch of released board exams I have not yet started going through. I have studied a large part of First Aid and the decks. Do you recommend anything else? Does anyone know if released board questions are ever re-used? What about UNreleased exams? If anyone has any PDF of exams please let me know, I would seriously be forever indebted to you :D If I may be of any help to anyone as well with what I have, please, send me a private message. After all, we are indeed in this together...future colleagues!

Took it yesterday and pretty sure I failed. It was very detailed and some very random facts. I feel like it would be lucky for me to get even a 50%. :( Has anyone failed the new 2012 exams?

Anyone out there who has already taken the test and used CrackNBDE? Was the Crack test on par with the level of difficulty of the actual test? Nervous! I take the test this Monday! :scared:

I have the 2012-2013 Decks and the released Qs from the 90s-2009..... Kaplan is not only a waste of time but also it makes you want to quit on studying! the wording and organizing of the book is terrible:mad:. the USMLE videos is boring and too many details you will never be asked about... there Q bank is very confusing! don't spend one minute on the Q bank, spend every minute on the released questions YOU have to do hundreds of released the more you do the more you close to pass.. I also used first aide for dental anatomy as it was about 30 pages after I finished decks and it was very organized, straight to the point and from my experience they DO use a lot of first aide dental anatomy wording in the exam. GOOD LUCK
salam, m doing prep for part 1 NBDE, can u tell me from where i can get those released paprers? i have dental decks 2007, can it be sufficeint for study?if u plz rep...

Hi guys, I just took my part 1 today. I can't say it was so easy or so hard. I basically studied with 2012/2013 dental decks, first aid and the anatomy section of kaplan. I didn't come across any multiple answers pattern., but a lot testlets and lots of questions from biochemistry and microbiology. Dental occlusion questions were much also.
There were a lot of questions I had no clue about, am looking unto God for PASS.
:xf:, and waiting for result.

Hey all, I took mine today as well. Makes me so nervous...I sure hope and pray I passed....I certainly wouldnt want to sit through that again...lol...in all honestly it wasnt THAT bad, but just hoping for the best. I felt that First-Aid and Decks were prime....Definitely enjoyed First-Aid..that was great. I took this 1 week after my first year just got over....will see what happens...:/ lol...

What is the recent average time to receive the pass/fail letter?!

Last edited:
im taking the NBDE this semptember. for be honest is something about biochemistry im just no good taking those test .other topics i guess im doing good. any advice?:confused:

i passed wow
incredible

you def need to study the kaplan blue book, imho the new exam is way harder than the released exams til 1985. every 3rd question i was not confident of the answer. PM me if you want to buy my copy of kaplan, i'm getting rid of all my books.

what do you mean by the kaplan blue book ? do you mean the Kaplan Lecture notes ??

hii i am taking exam in july. is anybody taking too??? please reply. we can be of help to each other.
thnks

hii i am taking exam in july. is anybody taking too??? please reply. we can be of help to each other.
thnks
I'm taking the exam on Aug 2nd. I'm so nervous... Now I'm just answering kaplan qubank and asda released papers. And my scores are pretty low, like 50-70%...

Hi guys, I just took my part 1 today. I can't say it was so easy or so hard. I basically studied with 2012/2013 dental decks, first aid and the anatomy section of kaplan. I didn't come across any multiple answers pattern., but a lot testlets and lots of questions from biochemistry and microbiology. Dental occlusion questions were much also.
There were a lot of questions I had no clue about, am looking unto God for PASS.
:xf:, and waiting for result.
hey got ur result??

I just took my exam yesterday. I think the exam was 10% super hard, 20% hard, 50% medium, 20% super easy. I studied for one month and 2 weeks 7 hours per day. I finished DECKS twice and the important ones three times.. I finished all released questions twice... too tooooo many questions are repeated with different wording I faced maybe 10 questions same exact words. Kaplan is your WORST resource either the book or specially the stupid videos. I graduated 8 years ago I didn't practice dentistry since 4 years.. I absolutely couldn't remember what masticatory muscles are before I started, everything was like I am studying a new language and I know I will pass in shaa Allah. study smart and don't spend too much time on one info there's wary too much to cover. good luck for everybody

hi samial7ayer..

i am a dentist graduated from india (bds)..and i didnt practice since 5 years..so wen i read your thread i got some energy n motivation..that me too can do it.. ..now i am preparing for my nbde.. if u could help me on this with any ..that would be really helpful

i really wanted to know how much score u got..

thanks in advance:)

I'm taking the exam in exactly 2 weeks. I'm so nervous. I read too many reviewers. I hope I the important thing were retained. I read Kaplan lecture notes, First Aid, Dental decks. And i'm doing asda papers and qubank. I slightly regret reading Kaplan lecture notes because it was too detailed. I should have focused on decks, first aid and asda... I pray that we all pass. :) :xf:

Good luck! :)