People who we know can't make it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's saying that URMs are not as intelligent or do as well academically as non-URMs. There.

man... you don't even have the balls to just come out and call him racist.

Lulz, med forum rocks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Getting into pharm or dental school is hard. Just not as hard as MD school.

I know a few people that are seniors in college that still don't understand medicine, and are saying they want to be a doctor. Yet, they have never volunteered in a hospital, or had any relevant health care exposure past Grey's Anatomy.

It's a sad fact. But some of these people will get 3.9s and 35s and manage to get into a school.

What a foolish comment. Many dental school students had higher GPA's than their med counterparts in undergrad. And the DAT is very similar to the MCAT. I could have gone to any health related school I fancied, bra.
B.T.W, I hear dentists get paid much worse too, better stick to medicine! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What a foolish comment. Many dental school students had higher GPA's than their med counterparts in undergrad. And the DAT is very similar to the MCAT. I could have went to any health related school I fancied, bra.
B.T.W, I hear dentists get paid much worse too, better stick to medicine! :rolleyes:
We need more English prereq's.

;)

Members don't see this ad :)
What a foolish comment. Many dental school students had higher GPA's than their med counterparts in undergrad. And the DAT is very similar to the MCAT. I could have gone to any health related school I fancied, bra.

DAT is way easier than the MCAT, imo.

OP, as numerous people have pointed out, this thread is absolutely unnecessary. People are capable of improvement and frankly, you have NO idea what situation somebody could be in when they were receiving all those Cs and 19s.

For example, in first year, I failed two of my courses and barely passed the other three. Why? Because at the time, I suffered from a pretty serious mental health problem, not because I wasn't smart. I sought out help for it in second year and managed to do a bit better in school. This year, I feel great and you know what? I know for a fact this year is going to be one of my best years because I feel happy and I know I'm not miserable all the damn time.

So yes, I screwed up the my first year and bit of my second year but I'll be damned if I let that keep me from going to med school.

I was contracting the plural "prerequisites" into "prereq's" with the apostrophe signifying the elimination of the remainder of the word.

Haters gonna hate.
You shouldn't have to explain this. It's commonsense....seriously.

and the "alot"
Dang...spelling nazis! I aint' trippin' cause I was raised to kno....
haters-gonna-hate-7.jpg

Hate on:cool:

The DAT seemed pretty hard when I looked through it, haven't studied for it of course.

are you URM?

Uh just to clear something up, I wasn't insinuating that URM = DUMB, I was just wondering because for his situation it would have made a difference. Everyone knows that URM applicants can get into medical school with lower stats than non URM (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=838625 ) but that doesn't mean that URM applicants are not as intelligent as a non URM applicant. So if he was URM then his case couldn't really apply to the average non-URM applicant...right?

No I am not a URM. I am a white male (at least by AAMC standards). After I finished med school I got into a small community hospital called JHH.

Bet your Typical Indian parents are jealous.

Calm down I'm really happy that you accomplished your goals of becoming a doctor I'm no academic prodigy myself. I just didn't think everyone was going to associate my post with me thinking that URM applicants are stupid...

She came to the tutoring sessions but didnt read and study on her own. Since this was outside of class I guess she took it as sufficient. She also is on facebook during lectures but I sit at the back of the class and notice everyone is, so that might not mean anything. It was only the first test and Im sure many ppl got a wake up call to get serious, so we'll see what happens.:)

This guy is an idiot. Boosting about ur 99 and how she got a 16. Bro, i hope you encounter devastating hardship on your road to medicine. Its people like you who make premeds look so foolish. Prideful Bum.

This guy is an idiot. Boosting about ur 99 and how she got a 16. Bro, i hope you encounter devastating hardship on your road to medicine. Its people like you who make premeds look so foolish. Prideful Bum.

:eek: He didn't mean to boost about anything. Trust me, he is NO booster.

Let's get this thread back on topic... even if the topic isn't really one that there is anything to discuss.... Some people aren't cut out for it, but it isn't for anyone but them to decide. The end.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Whoa dude whoa. I wasn't "boosting", just telling what happened. The other three students I tutored made B+'s, I tell how that one student made a 16 and I get "You're a gunner and sabotaged her!", "you're a horrible tutor!", " I hope you fail!", "you're a loser!" and now " I hope you encounter devastating hardship!":laugh: Because Im a lot older than my classmates and been though more in life, I help out many with finding postitions, finding research and life advice. I failed one student and now I'm getting crucified? It's cool because anyone who knows me knows better. Good looking out Stumpyman.:thumbup:

P.S. Hate on :cool:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Whoa dude whoa. I wasn't "boosting", just telling what happened. The other three students I tutored made B+'s, I tell how that one student made a 16 and I get "You're a gunner and sabotaged her!", "you're a horrible tutor!", " I hope you fail!", "you're a loser!" and now " I hope you encounter devastating hardship!":laugh: Because Im a lot older than my classmates and been though more in life, I help out many with finding postitions, finding research and life advice. I failed one student and now I'm getting crucified? It's cool because anyone who knows me knows better. Good looking out Stumpyman.:thumbup:

P.S. Hate on :cool:

Quite the contrary imo, you took time to teach her and she wasn't willing to teach herself, you did all you could but in the end the responsibility of doing well still falls on her, not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.