People Who Were Accepted at Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brasilia01

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who was accepted at Temple, how did you find out of your acceptance? Was it through phone, e-mail, or regular US mail? Was it a larger envelope or regular sized envelope? Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad.

It was a regular sized letter in US mail.
You get a thicker envelope later telling you what you need to do to hold your spot etc....

Do they send you anything about housing? Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
with my acceptance letter I recieved all of the information about reserving my spot and a letter that described the housing situation.I actually recieved my acceptance letter only 7 days after my interview!

For those who were accepted, do you have an idea about competitive GPA and PCAT scores. And also, could you share your stats if you do not mind. I have an interview there this tuesday and I am really stressed about it. Thanks

bmh32487.. when did you have your interview?

Yes, for those accepted could you share your stats? I have an interview on Thursday and I am very nervous. I called on Friday and they said they will interview 600 people and will accept around 160. She also said that they have accepted 40 people so far.
Thank you

:thumbup: Bump. Someone please answer these questions.

don't you guys think they need to start accepting more people? It seems that they are filling their class up soo late. Does anyone know a more recent # of those that have been accepted?

Anyone who was accpeted do you mind sharing your stats?

I got my letter of acceptance today..have close to a 3.6 and 80th percentile on PCAT. I do not know if I want to go there too.

Tuesday, March 20th

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my letter of acceptance today..have close to a 3.6 and 80th percentile on PCAT. I do not know if I want to go there too.

where else did u get accepted?? Congrats!!:thumbup:

Congratulations Aenese!!!
I had my interview on March 22, I hope I get good news like you did.
Are you in state or out of state? Did you get accepted to other schools,
if you did and you are 100% sure that you don't want to go to Temple, can you let them know asap :)
That way they will know they have 1 more seat available and it could be for me!!!!
I am so afraid of opening a rejection letter because all my hopes would be gone :(

hey guys, I have two interviews coming up, I took the jan PCAT so I guess my interviews are pretty late. I am hoping to get into Sunny at Buf. Then I will be instate and tuition will be cheaper, plus the city is not soo much my thing anymore. Goodluck guys and I am sure u will get in. I think/was also told however that they are sending letters to those they want as soon as possible, so if you do not get one by a certain time then i guess you will have a lesser chance but still hope since people will turn down their offers and stuff. Goodluck everyone!

Well I guess it's all over for me. I'll just be waiting for a rejection/waitlist this next week. I am so dissapointed. What am I going to do? Well maybe I'll just wait and see but it's not looking good.

brasil..
U should have some confidence, are ur stats not competitive?

not really. My OGPA is like a 2.95 my SGPA 2.87 and my PCAT was a 79%-cumm, 85% -quant. , 83% - Biology, 76% - chem, and my english and reading and comp were in the 60's. So yeah, thats why I'm a little pesimistic. It's over for me this year, I just have to face it.

wow.. they send them out to people they want more.. i interviewed on the 13th, a week before you... so i guess they dont want me too much. :(

bummer.

just curious who interviewed you and what you thought of it? i had calagara or whatever her name is and i thought it went pretty well.. we have pretty similar stats.. 3.5 gpa and 85% pcat here.. so im just curious what you thought of your interview.

yeah, it was the assistant dean who interviewed me, I forgot her name but she is an older African-American. I thought I did really bad at the interview because I was really shy and gave very short answers and also, it was like we were all competing for attention which I am not very great at. So I was actually surprised to find out that I was in. Keep ur fingers crossed, ur stats are competitive. Just give it some time ok. Goodluck everyone

yeah, it was the assistant dean who interviewed me, I forgot her name but she is an older African-American. I thought I did really bad at the interview because I was really shy and gave very short answers and also, it was like we were all competing for attention which I am not very great at. So I was actually surprised to find out that I was in. Keep ur fingers crossed, ur stats are competitive. Just give it some time ok. Goodluck everyone
her name is marquette cannon-babb, she interviewed me last week and is from what i hear the nicest interviewer, the other ones apparantly like to interrogate you and ask all sorts of hard questions but from what i got from her, it seems that all she is interested in is your interest in temple and pharmacy, the rest was just Q&A about the school and stuff, i interviewed last week on the 27th and they told me that starting the day before (26th) was their second round of interviews/acceptances. As of the week before they have accepted 82 people and waitlisted 64 they interview 300 out of 2400 applicants and want a class of 150. I'm pretty anxious as well since my GPA leaves much to be desired though my PCATs are superb

i wonder if the reason you guys found out you got in faster is because you got interviewed by the dean.. because isnt she the one who makes the final call?

so all of us who got interviewed by other faculty may have to wait longer to hear since the dean didn't meet us and she may have to judge our file a little differently..?

who knows.. im just trying to hope. but it seems like that could maybe be what is happening.

I was interviewed by Mrs. Cannon-Babb as well. I thought she was really nice. I don't know about what you said Jenny cause I still haven't heard anything. I am so nervous. From what I heard, they inbterview more people than just 300. I heard it was more like 500-600. Hopefully I will hear back this next week.

So i was thinking about it all morning. I was scared to death to open the mailbox and find any letter from Temple. I tried to think positive but I didn't want to give myself false hopes. The worst thing that could have happen was getting a rejection letter.
I saw the envelope and I knew immediately that it was not a rejection neither an acceptance letter because the envelope was fat.
I was put in the alternate list. This is going to kill me...how much longer do I have to wait. The letter said that sometimes they might even call you on the first week of September. I am going to be living under the bridge!!!!
People, please...if you got accepted or a waiting list letter and you know you are not going to Temple, please let them know asap, so you can help the people that got put in the waiting list. Please!!!!
don't know what I am going to do because I have many hopes now but I don't want to get false hopes either.
Thank you

I live in Bethlehem, PA
My interview was on March 22 by Dr. Walker.

brasilia01 did you receive anything yet? I have a class afterwork but i feel like going home first to check my mail.

So i was thinking about it all morning. I was scared to death to open the mailbox and find any letter from Temple. I tried to think positive but I didn't want to give myself false hopes. The worst thing that could have happen was getting a rejection letter.
I saw the envelope and I knew immediately that it was not a rejection neither an acceptance letter because the envelope was fat.
I was put in the alternate list. This is going to kill me...how much longer do I have to wait. The letter said that sometimes they might even call you on the first week of September. I am going to be living under the bridge!!!!
People, please...if you got accepted or a waiting list letter and you know you are not going to Temple, please let them know asap, so you can help the people that got put in the waiting list. Please!!!!
don't know what I am going to do because I have many hopes now but I don't want to get false hopes either.
Thank you

Were you asked to pay a deposit??

I haven't heard anything yet, but its not looking good. I'll tell you if I hear anything though.

RX CARE, do you think there is a difference for Temple between alternate list and waitlist. I am in their alternate list.
Thank you

ahhhh.. why havent i heard yet? i had my interview on the 13th...

if they were gonna reject me dont you think i would have heard by now?

so what are they doing.. deciding whether i am going to be waitlisted or accepted?

let me know what you guys think.
thanks so much

RX CARE, do you think there is a difference for Temple between alternate list and waitlist. I am in their alternate list.
Thank you

Carboxilic774 have you completed your pre-reqs cos i just remembered that the associate dean that i interviewed with said there were two types of admission/admission status that they offered. She said the other guys i interviewed with if admitted will get some kind of admission(don't remember if it's alternate) cos they were still in school and needed to complete some requirements and if you had a degree it was another kind of admission. This just came to my mind. If you are paying i'll think you're in.

Dr Zion, you may be right...at least I hope so. I am taking my humanities now at Kutztown University. I am taking Macroeconomics, West Civ., African American Hist. and music. In the first summer session I will take Philosophy. I am done with all my sciences pre-reqs. and I don't have a BS.
I wish you were right but the letter clearly states that "Please be advised that your alternate status does not guarantee you admission for this academic year".
Thank you anyway, it was a nice thought. The problem is that I only applied to Pitt and Temple. I didn't hear anything from Pitt meaning I was denied so Temple is my only hope. I just don't want to wait 1 more year!!!
Later...

Carboxilic774 have you completed your pre-reqs cos i just remembered that the associate dean that i interviewed with said there were two types of admission/admission status that they offered. She said the other guys i interviewed with if admitted will get some kind of admission(don't remember if it's alternate) cos they were still in school and needed to complete some requirements and if you had a degree it was another kind of admission. This just came to my mind. If you are paying i'll think you're in.

what u are talking about is provisional acceptance...

Yeah, I just got provisional acceptance even though i will have a degree after this month... I have to take physics 2 over the summer with lab.

I never really understood why pharm schools wanted physics... i'm pretty sure momentum, rotational dynamics and particle kinematics don't apply to drugs, but oh well. I guess after biochem this semester it should be pretty easy.

MONOMATT, did you get provisional acceptance at Temple?

for all of you still waiting..
a batch of 75 letters was mailed this morning.

Really, 75 letters. WoW! I hope it's not bad news coming my way. Does anyone know why some heard faster than others? Hey Congrats Monomatt, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

3.41 overall, 3.2 science, 89 PCAT, BA Interdisciplinary Studies w/ Minor in Chem. after this month

For those who were accepted, who interviewed you? My interviewer was Dr. Cannon-Babb, she was way cool.----Still haven't heard anything yet.