General Admissions & OTCAS People who were interviewed, how were P/NP classes treated?

Dec 23, 2013
San Jose, California
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
We all know how much of a nightmare it is for Law and Medical students to deal with P/NP classes. Despite not being counted into your GPA as an undergrad, it could be a nasty trap when factoring graduate experience and could come back to bite you in the future.

That said, is OT any different? How has Pass/No Pass classes affected you? Has it been brought up during interviews? Was it ignored completely?

Oct 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
wow I never even considered it, I took an art class P/F freshman year and never thought about it since

sngot

2+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2015
Status
Occupational Therapist
I would not worry if the class isn't relevant as a pre-requisite. People enter OT comes from all sort of background. I don't think OT cares like medical school or law school. I have had interviews which ask me regarding the most difficult undergraduate course I have taken and how did I handle it. Schools just want to know if you have the personality to be a good OT and the academic to survive graduate education. It is great for you to prepare for such scenarios but I wouldn't stress.