People with ~3.0 GPA and got accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CherryC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering which pharmacy schools are good to apply when you have a lower GPA (~3.0) but have good pharmacy experiences and etc.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i applied to South University. they are accredited but a newer school, so they have slightly less competitive admissions. plus, the school is private so while it is more expensive, you have the same chance as all the other students. it doesn't matter if you are in state or out of state. the school is small, but it seems as though they really care about the students. good luck with your decisions. also, applying to instate schools may make the process easier b/c it is really hard to get in an out of state school. well, i hope this helps.

I applied to Samford, South, Mercer, NOVA (west palm beach location), and LECOM (sending it overnight on Monday). I've interviewed at NOVA, and they said 4-6 wks so I should hear from them within the next 2 weeks. I called South and they said the dean was reviewing my app. If I could take 1 semester off my transcripts from 99 I could have a 3.8ish....but oh well. I'm sure everone would like to remove some. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
U of Maryland
U of Mississippi
U of Iowa
UCSF
Creighton
U of Tennessee

Accepted at Creighton, waiting for others to notify me. I will have interviewed at these schools after next weekend with my sub 3.0 GPA. None, really means none if you don't apply.

Good luck!!!