Perio Interview Updates (2016 Cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MonsoonCloud

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody received interview offers from any of the following programs:
Kentucky, Connecticut, Alabama, Ohio, Louisiana, North Carolina, Rochester, Minnesota, Stony Brook, Texas Houston, & Maryland ?

Members don't see this ad.

Question: Do the programs wait for the application deadline to pass before sending out interview offers?

Has anybody already received interview calls for programs with an application cut-off of August 1?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lets share who all have got interview invites and from which all programs..

Interview invites have been sent for the following:

Baylor
Alabama
San Antonio
Louisiana State
North Carolina
South Carolina (MUSC)
Nova
Maryland
Tennessee
St. Louis (SLU)
Nebraska
VCU
Louisville

Reactions: 1 user
I had applied at LSU, North Carolina, Maryland & Louisville. Not heard from them. Getting anxious..

I had applied at LSU, North Carolina, Maryland & Louisville. Not heard from them. Getting anxious..
UNC had 108 applicants, 30 people were preselected and 20 will be interviewed. The first interview was done today. 2 people in each interview day. Good luck.

Have the following programs started sending interview invites or r they still in review mode: Kentucky, Connecticut, Louisiana, Louisville, Rochester, Minnesota, Texas Housten & Stony Brook?

Hi .Has anyone interviewed at/heard from the VA NYC?

Lets share which all programs have already sent out interview invites...

Hi guys, any feedback on the period residency at Harvard? I'm sure it's competitive although I don't see a lot of people applying for it! Any response appreciated!

Hi guys, any feedback on the period residency at Harvard? I'm sure it's competitive although I don't see a lot of people applying for it! Any response appreciated!
Hi Aaron. I applied and no response so far. Not sure whether they will interview next week.

Hi Aaron. I applied and no response so far. Not sure whether they will interview next week.
Hey Nina thanks for your response. Please do keep us updated and all the best! I'm not applying for this year but was inquiring in general about the feel of the program and dept. !

Louisville, Stony Brook, Harvard, Buffalo, Texas, NC, Ohio, Kentucky, Maryland, and Michigan already filled their classes. Alabama has 1 spot left

Can you guys please share your experiences going through the application process for perio? I am a second year dental student and have been considering a perio residency. I would like to know how hard it is to get accepted into a perio program. My class rank and GPA are not super great, so I am not sure how much chance I have. What is important for the perio programs? Research? GPA? Class rank? Externship?