Perio Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Graft_Wizz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I’m planning on applying this cycle for periodontal residencies and this is my first time applying. However, I have plenty of unanswered questions:
1- difference between PASS and MATCH
2- what are some of the strongest perio residency programs in terms of faculty and hands-on clinical experience
Any other tips and recommendations, from previous graduates or current residents, on how to strengthen my profile to increase my chances of getting accepted will be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Not too sure about perio residencies; but to answer your question on PASS and MATCH.
From friends that matched to perio; they had all done the rounds in the perio departments, showing more interest than their peers. Involved in research and publishing. Overall, they made it known that they wanted to get into perio; they also had relevant referees from the field.

PASS is a supposed "centralised" way to have all your necessary documents in one location and have them sent out to the schools in one click. It's a service you pay per school you wish to send you docs to. But this does not include the supplemental applications you still need to fill. send and pay for. (Still salty about this).
MATCH is the process where the schools you interviewed at and yourself rank. It's all algorithmically matched up to match you to a residency that ranked you about equal to where you ranked them.

Reactions: 2 users