perio residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

himal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could anybody tell me how difficult is it getting into perio residency for a foreign trainned dentist. I am aslo trying for oral radiology and pathology.
I am interested in academic dentistry. Do any school in usa have faculty developement program, i am ready to sign a bond.
would appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad.

himal said:
Could anybody tell me how difficult is it getting into perio residency for a foreign trainned dentist. I am aslo trying for oral radiology and pathology.
I am interested in academic dentistry. Do any school in usa have faculty developement program, i am ready to sign a bond.
Slightly easier than matching to LSU-NO's oral surgery program this year. That's right Yah-E, I said it.

tx oms said:
Slightly easier than matching to LSU-NO's oral surgery program this year. That's right Yah-E, I said it.
Wow..too bad LSU-NO has more history and tradition than your residency program...there, I said it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah-E said:
Wow..too bad LSU-NO has more history and tradition than your residency program...there, I said it!
:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Man, you guys are killing me! :smuggrin:

himal said:

Probably not very hard, except for highly selective programs which have already been mentioned previously in other threads. I'd be willing to bet that there are slots open at at least a few schools across the country as I write this...they probably got applications from applicants with a weak or no pulse. If you want to do perio now, start calling all fifty NOW and you might actually get into one. And sometimes people back out last minute which would also open up a position.

If you want to wait until the next cycle, try Boston, where ALL perio residents are foreign. Not sure what a fauclty devt program is?? Good luck!

backaction said:
Probably not very hard, except for highly selective programs which have already been mentioned previously in other threads. I'd be willing to bet that there are slots open at at least a few schools across the country as I write this...they probably got applications from applicants with a weak or no pulse. If you want to do perio now, start calling all fifty NOW and you might actually get into one. And sometimes people back out last minute which would also open up a position.

If you want to wait until the next cycle, try Boston, where ALL perio residents are foreign. Not sure what a fauclty devt program is?? Good luck!

are many faculty positions open in perio? im not sure what the faculty staff shortage is like in the dental schools. if one signs the contract to remain as a faculty, will there be any tuition waives?

anything you know will be of help. thanks!

:laugh: Mad props to whoever signed onto Spanker's account. You totally hooked his SDN up. On second thought....I really hope it was someone else who did it :eek: I'd hate to think that not knowing what the shocker was put him into a state of depression that forced him to crossover to the other side of the fence.

P.S. By the looks of that pic, it looks like your roomate has lost a lot of weight...he must be running or something.

himal said:

I have yet to hear of a faculty development program. As for the first question I have seen very few american trained dentists in perio programs or prosth. programs for that matter. Most of my school's perio residents first language is not English.

nnjh said:
I have yet to hear of a faculty development program. As for the first question I have seen very few american trained dentists in perio programs or prosth. programs for that matter. Most of my school's perio residents first language is not English.

so do you know anything about the teaching positions in perio when you complete the perio program (availability and etc)? i 've heard most of the US dental schools lack teaching staff and etc. any info will be helpful.