periodic table on actual mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Captain Sisko

U.S.S. Defiant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that during my official aamc practices the table appears in a pop up window. if i proceed with the exam without closing the window I'll lose the table, and can't get it back unless i alt-tab or right click the start menu. how's it work on the real exam? will i need to remember to close the window every time or is it different than the practices? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

unfortunately i cant answer the question however i heard it messes up the screen and it's best to not even use it. however on every test i've used it once or twice and other times have opened it up to make sure. however there's a periodic table right above my desk so i'd been looking at that haha

I found that once I use it, I close it and then I can just open it again without any real issues.

Have you checked to make sure you're using an up to date browser for your exams?

Members don't see this ad :)
The heart of the matter is can you resize windows or alt-tab on the testing center computer? The opened window is going behind the other window, that is why it disappears.

I don't know for a fact, but I feel like alt-tabbing a testing center computer may void your exam/be seen as cheating because it could be used to access outside information. Just a warning. Maybe call prometrics?

I don't know for a fact, but I feel like alt-tabbing a testing center computer may void your exam/be seen as cheating because it could be used to access outside information. Just a warning. Maybe call prometrics?

it's what I'm afraid of.

I believe that alt tab is disabled during the real thing. If I remember right, you do not need to close the window. If you click outside of the periodic table, it goes away. When you need it again, it pops up as if you closed it out correctly.

Don't worry so much, everything is gonna be OK :)