Periodontists claiming to be Oral Surgeons...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, they had to use the backdoor to get into medical school, so still just dentists. Might as well be a bunch of chiropractors or “naturopathic” doctors.

:hijacked:

Big Hoss

I haven’t been taught how to inject curries into people yet, but I still have a year left to learn it.

Woman dies after being given turmeric injection as part of naturopath treatment

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t realize that taking the CBSE and going through dental school (a harder process than taking the MCAT and undergrad) is “taking the backdoor.” What do I know though, I’m just a dentist.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, ok Elle Fanning... good luck with perio residency. I'll give a heads up to Arce, Baur, Waite, Kaban, Ghali, Ward & Company that you're a total douche.

Ok yea tell them how a random person on an internet blog hurt your feelings and called you a dental student. I’m sure they’ll be real concerned. Lol go back to studying about the cusp of carabelli and biological width. Call me when you match into perio, lol !!

Let's keep this conversation civil and professional.

Managing a patient in GA... are you serious? I do this weekly as a pediatric dentist with children admitted for bleeding conditions/oncology. Yawn. Is your horse too high?

Can you clarify this statement? Does “managing a GA patient” mean performing the dental work? And how are you involved with peds heme/onc admissions? I’m genuinely curious.

he's not going to clarify

The whole conversation about dentists not being real doctors.. Just this morning a patient brought in by his son in law. I start taking his med history and he starts throwing dosages of multiple drugs (3 hypertension drug) with dosages. Also he prescribed 81mgs aspirin which he conveniently stops prior to his appt. :eyebrow::eyebrow:( 81mgs has never been stopped by PCPs or me prior to extractions, unless full mouth or so), gives him augmentin 875mgs for 2 weeks :inpain::inpain:; Ah well.. as I am listening to him, I told him to slow down as I notate the dosages and ask again, why they didn't mention all these meds in the health history. Well the SIL says I am a physician so I don't think its necessary. I mention that his blood pressure is obviously not "normal" since he takes 3 different types of drugs, is just possibly very tightly controlled by drugs.
Moments later prior to extracting the teeth, I take BP 165/124. I stop and take it again in few minutes, 135/105; I mention well your FIL's BP is not as well controlled as mentioned despite him being on these HT drugs. This guy says "well 135 is normal BP". In my head I am like "read the most current AHA guidelines and if you do have a complication with bleeding do take them to your hospital, & anyway what do I know I am only a dentist, not a real doctor":bang::bang:..

All of this verbal semantics does not matter. The only thing that matters is the health of the patient prior to, during and after your procedure. A malpractice slug er attorney will definitely refer to you as DOCTOR when something bad happens.