peterson

15+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
You may have heard of Dr. Perricone, the multi-millionaire dermatologist. I was just wondering about a piece of info on his website,

"A brilliant scholar, Dr. Perricone completed medical school in just 3 years"...

how exactly does one complete medical school in three years? actually, on another website it says he finished in 2 1/2 years... does anyone know how he did this? i think he went to Michigan state.

Thanks. Peace out.

gary5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
Status
peterson said:
You may have heard of Dr. Perricone, the multi-millionaire dermatologist. I was just wondering about a piece of info on his website,

"A brilliant scholar, Dr. Perricone completed medical school in just 3 years"...

how exactly does one complete medical school in three years? actually, on another website it says he finished in 2 1/2 years... does anyone know how he did this? i think he went to Michigan state.

Thanks. Peace out.
He's a Quack. I've seen his programs on PBS. He spits out a million terms to a bunch of lay people with very little practical information. He's like a babbling dictionary without a table of contents or index. The truth is that no one knows how to significantly extend life and neither does he (beyond the simple "eat well, exercise, don't smoke, etc, etc."). These self-proclaimed gurus are all cons. That other guy's a con too, the bald guy with the guru hair.

fuzzyerin

10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Before Dr. Perricone became a multi-million dollar dermatologist, he diagnosed my mother's malignant melanoma. So you may feel he's a quack, but he certainly knew enough to save my mom's life, and for that, I'll be forever grateful. I have no idea how long to or where he went to school, but I do know he was a practicing dermatologist prior to becoming famous.

pratik7

15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
Atlanta, Ga
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
i know someone who went to MCG and graduated a semester early. Not sure how but can find out if you are really that interested.

lattimer13

good boy!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2002
Pacific NW
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i've met a few docs who went to some med schools that were only 3 years back in the day like late 70s early 1980s. i don't know if all med schools were that way, but i know of at least 2 that were, but have since changed to the standard 4 years as we know it. so maybe you're doc isn't a genious, but rather went to school back in the day when it wasn't all that uncommon to complete med school in 3 years.

fotolilith

It's for a good cause
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2004
Mittelschmerz, USA
Status
lattimer13 said:
i've met a few docs who went to some med schools that were only 3 years back in the day like late 70s early 1980s. i don't know if all med schools were that way, but i know of at least 2 that were, but have since changed to the standard 4 years as we know it. so maybe you're doc isn't a genious, but rather went to school back in the day when it wasn't all that uncommon to complete med school in 3 years.
Dr. Perricone is my dad's hero. *l*

Yeah, back in the 50's-70's (probably earlier, but my info only goes that far), some people could go to med school part time or test out of classes and such (if they had a graduate degree, most often).