Personal accomplishment - Working to support family or HS sports achievement?

Nov 21, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to complete a secondary prompt that is asking about what personal accomplishment I am most proud of.

I'm debating between these two:

1. Being able to support my family throughout my life, and therefore making a significant contribution to my parents' success -- I am really proud of this. I worked at my parents' business throughout my childhood and am really proud to say I helped them a lot because they started with so little. I also included a bit about being able to support myself throughout my college years as well

2. Initially not making a sports team in HS, but persevering and doing really well in another sport. I made some significant achievements in this sport. I'm a little worried that this is too far back though.. since it's HS. Although the first answer is also from my childhood, it might seem more significant and does kind of continue into my college years (as I worked throughout college).

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I'm having a lot of difficulty answering this prompt!

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
Yes, #1. It also tells the adcom a little more that is biographical, and about your family, that will resonate with some adcom members (more than a few of us were kids who grew up in parents' small businesses).

OP
UCSDMember
Nov 21, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes, #1. It also tells the adcom a little more that is biographical, and about your family, that will resonate with some adcom members (more than a few of us were kids who grew up in parents' small businesses).
Thank you so much!! This was extremely helpful :)