Personal issues coming into the way of effective studying.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonari

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Coming from a caribb med school, I know how important the Step 1 is for me. I need to do extremely well to land into a competitive residency. However, at my current age of 28, I've been losing a lot of hair. I've become extremely self-concious due to this.

Leaving the island and coming back home, I study at my alma mater's library, since I can't study at home. This past week, I was talking to a pretty girl, and I could just tell she was staring at my hairline the entire time. Another reason, why I also wouldn't want to study at home - I'd probably be looking in the mirror 24/7 and just getting upset over this.

Anybody else on the forum have personal issues that stopped them from getting effective studying in. My exam is in the middle of November, and I still have a lot of ground to cover.

Members don't see this ad.

shaver_200x247.jpg

Your genetics aren't going to change. Don't bother with ridiculously looking comb overs.

Shave it. :cool:

I agree. Do it up with some Minoxidil, or if you shave your head, grow a stylish goatee or chin beard. Then get some nicer clothing. You'd be amazed how much a new look can build confidence.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey dude its not you that suuffer from this problemm many mmmmanny suffer start to use minoxidile (require at least 4 month to start its effect) and shave your head to prevent distraction good luck and really dont make this problem stop your life
look to your life in a broad spectrum like residency in a good specialty and after start making money :p then hair transplantation:D: and then f***g girl:D:D
good luckkk:):):):):):)

Some girls are attracted to men with receding hairlines. My bf has a receding hairline and I think he's very good looking. Also, us girls aren't nearly as caught up in external appearances versus the typical guy.

At this point... Put on a hat if it bothers you that much, and stop flirting with girls... You should be focusing on studying.

Some girls are attracted to men with receding hairlines. My bf has a receding hairline and I think he's very good looking. Also, us girls aren't nearly as caught up in external appearances versus the typical guy.

At this point... Put on a hat if it bothers you that much, and stop flirting with girls... You should be focusing on studying.

No. Typical women are just as caught up with external appearances relative to typical men.

I'm 28 and also with a receding hair line.. it doesn't bother me not one bit (fine, just a bit), and definitely not to the degree of not being able to study. (and my exam is also in November.. wow wanna become best buddies? lol) Is your dad bald? Maybe I came to accept it better since there are many bald or half bald men on my dad's side.

and regarding women.. they say they like one thing or can't stand another then they fall in love with the complete opposite. Don't worry much about what they claim in terms of what they like.. they have evolved to be quite smart and eventually will pick the man with the better future.. and that's what you are doing now.. working on your future.. so if you are bald and futureless it doesn't help your cause much.. but having a future suddenly makes your balding head so much more attractive.

and remember.. you are not bald yet. you are balding.. it's a process.. :D and u will use some Minoxidile to feel like you are part of the solution .. shampoos won't work tho, u will need a sticky gel which i dont and won't use.

I think this thread needs a good dose of http://postmasculine.com. Guaranteed there are a few study nerds on here who will PM me a thank-you later on for having posted this link. If you scroll down a little, the articles in red on the right-hand side of the page are worth your every minute.

And btw, women prefer men with resources and power, both of which come with age. That's why balding is (or at least was) an evolutionary advantage and is so commonplace, because it signifies maturity/age.

Now, back to Step1 prep......

I bookmarked it.. hopefully i will remember to read an article although i'm not a big fan of such writings usually

I believe what accelerated my hair loss was taking Adderall while in grad school. Took it for two years or so. As many of you probably know, one of the side effects is complete down play for hunger. I would eat once/twice a day, RARELY would i ever eat 3 times a day.

I think malnutrition from addy is causing this. Trying to get my protein, carbs, vitamins back into my system.