Personal MCAT Prep Plan ADVICE/SUGGESTIONS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedHopeful

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So I plan on taking MCAT next May, 2010 because I know it's going to be the biggest test of my life and determine if I become a doctor or not...as you can see I'm stressed so pleaes help!

Here is my schedule for Fall 2009: Organic 1, Physics 1, Microbiology, and Cellular Molecular Biology

Spring 2010: Organic 2, Physics 2, Genetics and MCAT PREP class

I plan on taking Princeton Review Hyperlearning from Jan to April 2010 and then I will take my final exams in April 2010 followed by my FIRST and hopefully FINAL MCAT exam in end of May/early June to be EARLY for the Application Cycle 2010....

If I do not get a good score, then I plan on taking it AGAIN in end of July/August to be somewhat early for application cycle 2010...I want to get into medical school in this cycle and enter fall 2011 since I'm graduating in May 2011.

Thus, here are my questions:

1) How is my schedule/time plan?

2) Am I early in applying with the planned MCAT test dates?

3) What books should I start reading right now to prepare for verbal since I can do that now?

-ExamKrackers
-Online news magazines like NYtimes, WSJ
-Kaplan Comprehensive Premier Program
-all of it, none of it, any other suggestions?

EVERYONE I HAVE TALKED TO SAID, DONT BURN YOURSELF OUT, BUT SERIOUSLY I'M SCARED, NERVOUS, AND FEAR NEXT MAY 2010....

I know it's just a test but the Stress is BUILDING up already from worrying about it....

What should I do? Should I give up? Should I start studying now or wait when school starts? How will I manage these tough classes and the MCAT too? What will happen to me? Oh the drama....my life as a premed student...can you relate? ha

anyways, just to clarify, please give me your 2 cents, advice, suggestions, and FYI, I'm a college junior next year....

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP!!! why is NO ONE responding....no one wants to help on SDN? Go figure? I have to call and ask mentors now:/

Once again: SDN is a resource for Premed applicants to ask questions, look for advice, and help them on their journey to become a doctor, times like these frustrate me because in the end stress will always be there, but doctors should help one another succeed instead of the opposite:/

no offense, but if your stressin now... your screwed come test day. you need to just chill you got a loooong time till your test date.

My test date is in t-minus 270 days and counting.....I'm not stressing, I need advice, a mentor, and just strength to battle the insanity known as MCAT:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!

So I plan on taking MCAT next May, 2010 because I know it's going to be the biggest test of my life and determine if I become a doctor or not...as you can see I'm stressed so pleaes help!

Here is my schedule for Fall 2009: Organic 1, Physics 1, Microbiology, and Cellular Molecular Biology

Spring 2010: Organic 2, Physics 2, Genetics and MCAT PREP class

I plan on taking Princeton Review Hyperlearning from Jan to April 2010 and then I will take my final exams in April 2010 followed by my FIRST and hopefully FINAL MCAT exam in end of May/early June to be EARLY for the Application Cycle 2010....

If I do not get a good score, then I plan on taking it AGAIN in end of July/August to be somewhat early for application cycle 2010...I want to get into medical school in this cycle and enter fall 2011 since I'm graduating in May 2011.

Thus, here are my questions:

1) How is my schedule/time plan?

2) Am I early in applying with the planned MCAT test dates?

3) What books should I start reading right now to prepare for verbal since I can do that now?

-ExamKrackers
-Online news magazines like NYtimes, WSJ
-Kaplan Comprehensive Premier Program
-all of it, none of it, any other suggestions?

EVERYONE I HAVE TALKED TO SAID, DONT BURN YOURSELF OUT, BUT SERIOUSLY I'M SCARED, NERVOUS, AND FEAR NEXT MAY 2010....

I know it's just a test but the Stress is BUILDING up already from worrying about it....

What should I do? Should I give up? Should I start studying now or wait when school starts? How will I manage these tough classes and the MCAT too? What will happen to me? Oh the drama....my life as a premed student...can you relate? ha

anyways, just to clarify, please give me your 2 cents, advice, suggestions, and FYI, I'm a college junior next year....

THANKS!

I am planning on taking the MCAT around April of 2010 and I found this thread VERY helpful in planning my studying and the materials to use.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=503250.

Also, if you go to examkrackers web site, they have a pretty decent 10 week study guide that you can manipulate to fit your own materials/time frame.
Another suggestion is to really pay attention and learn in your classes. That will be one really good way to study and prepare for the MCAT.
I hope this helps a little bit!