Personal statement and CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i_bite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any websites that have sample CVs or personal statements? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

<a href="http://www.med.virginia.edu/medicine/student-affairs/career.html" target="_blank">This Site</a> has some sample CV's and personal statements.

A great book is Resumes and Personal statements for health professionals by Tysinger.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, Darth Vader, but as a Vader man myself, I'd like to point out that your quote(s) is off. I haven't seen Empire in five years, but I distinctly remember Vader's saying something about ruling "the galaxy as father and son"; i.e., your quote about ruling the Empire is off.

I'm not 100% sure about your other quote. I remember Vader's telling someone in Star Wars (aka A New Hope, if you're a fanatic) not to underestimate the Force, and I remember Vader's telling Luke "if only you knew the power... of the Dark Side," and I think your quote mixes these two bits of dialogue. (Again, I'm not as certain on this one.)

Sorry to intrude, folks, but I don't like things misquoted. That being said, I do appreciate your attempt to quote something at all, unlike certain other members of this board who spout off information with nary a source nor quote.

See ya guys.
hornet871
(David Green)
-------------------------------------
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

-Obi Wan Kenobi (I think that's what he said.) :D

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Hornet871:
•Sorry, Darth Vader, but as a Vader man myself, I'd like to point out that your quote(s) is off. I haven't seen Empire in five years, but I distinctly remember Vader's saying something about ruling "the galaxy as father and son"; i.e., your quote about ruling the Empire is off.

I'm not 100% sure about your other quote. I remember Vader's telling someone in Star Wars (aka A New Hope, if you're a fanatic) not to underestimate the Force, and I remember Vader's telling Luke "if only you knew the power... of the Dark Side," and I think your quote mixes these two bits of dialogue. (Again, I'm not as certain on this one.)

Sorry to intrude, folks, but I don't like things misquoted. That being said, I do appreciate your attempt to quote something at all, unlike certain other members of this board who spout off information with nary a source nor quote.

See ya guys.
hornet871
(David Green)
-------------------------------------
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

-Obi Wan Kenobi (I think that's what he said.) :D •••••You sir, are a fuddyduddy.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Hornet871:

I'm not 100% sure about your other quote. I remember Vader's telling someone in Star Wars (aka A New Hope, if you're a fanatic) not to underestimate the Force,• ••••Ah, that must have been when Vader tells Tarkin not to underestimate the power of the force when Vader senses Obi's presence.

Sorry, Vader, didn't realize you'd addressed the (mis)quote issue in another forum.

Rock on, dude! May you convert many others to the [breathe, breathe] Dark Side.

(And yes, I am a fuddyduddy. A fuddyduddy, a fop, and a teetotaller, to wit. So be it, Jedi.)
-----------------------------------------

-Obi Wan Kenobi

i have a copy of first aid for the match 1996- does anyone know if this is really outdated (b/c residency trends change so quickly?), or whether i can still rely on most of the info. in the book as accurate? should i buy a new copy? and also, which did you all like better - first aid for match or iserson's getting into a residency? thanks everyone :)

If anyone disagrees with my quotes, you can click on my profile to see what happens to people who disagree!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Darth Vader:
•If anyone disagrees with my quotes, you can click on my profile to see what happens to people who disagree!•••••On a side note, is anyone else hoping that Anakin will become THAT evil in Episode III? I mean, I can SORT OF see that side when he dices the sandpeople, but I feel no tension yet...

I'm also curious as to what sets me over the edge too. According to George Lucas, my problem is that I get too attached to people (Natilie Portman, my mother), and that's my downfall. In the original series though, Obi won says that I betray the Jedi and I think that he says that I hunt and kill the Jedi down. Also, did you notice how I got progressively more evil in the series? I mean in Star Wars, I was choking people but letting them go, and then by the time return of the Jedi came along, I was going around choking everyone and their mother. I don't know if they planned for me to become more evil before I became good, but I thought that was cool too.